fps won't go above 30 - MacBook Pro Retina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

victorzaroni

03-03-2013

I am able to play this game in beautiful 2880x1800 now with maxed out settings at 30 fps which is great, but I can only seem to hit 30 no matter what settings I'm using. Even at very low resolutions with shadows and things disabled, I only get 30 fps. (And yes I have the frame rate box set to max out at 60.)

Also, the interface is all in low res. But that will probably be fixed when the mac client steps out of the beta phase.

Anyone else getting the same issue? If so did you fix it? And how?

ArisColdsac

03-03-2013

dunno if its the same on Mac, on PC u simply uncheck wait for vertical sync in video options

victorzaroni

03-04-2013

That un limits my frame rate, but when I do that it just jumps around between 20 and 60, and provides for rather annoying gameplay. I'm looking to lock in at 60fps.

ArisColdsac

03-04-2013

are you using a MacBook or MacBook Pro? LoL seems to have problems to work with laptop video cards. I have 105fps on my desktop, but when I go on with my laptop with a better video card and same cpu, it drops to around 30-45.

ArisColdsac

03-04-2013

you might also want to switch around video settings such as switching to boarderless from full screen.