Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why no Blade of the Ruined King in Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

03-03-2013

Why is Blade of the Ruined King not available in Dominion, but the AP equivalent, Blackfire Torch, is?

I want to see BotRK in Dom, who's with me?

Torkable

03-03-2013

i want these dumbass threads to be spammed even more, there's only like 4 on the front page, not even close to enough.

Hamm3rhand

03-03-2013

as far as i recall, when S3 was starting, pretty much all of the higher elo players agreed that bortk would be really OP and be a must buy on all champs that could possibly use it. Blackfire torch on the other hand, was let through because towards the end of S2, bruisers were getting way too strong and bft was a way to give AP champs a way to deal with that. But if botrk is brought back in, bruiser meta returns and APs dont have the item advantage that they need to survive against the bruiser generally superior base stats. Thats how i see it anyway

Eloquid

03-04-2013

Dom needs botrk. Adc's need all the help they can get here. Isn't that class that it helps the most?

Nyx87

03-04-2013

Quote:
Eloquid:
Dom needs botrk. Adc's need all the help they can get here. Isn't that class that it helps the most?

The issue here is that it is very difficult to create an item that ADC's want that Bruisers do not.

konfetarius

03-04-2013

The real question is, why must you resist calling it BORK?!

Talith PA

03-04-2013

I'd much rather call it kingblade than BORK.

I also want to play around with a ranged only version of this item.

Bma

03-04-2013

item is designed to counter health stacking which doesnt rly exist on dominion on same level (in fact dom often has mass armor stack).

not to mention as much as it would conceptually help ad carries, every bruiser can build this item too and i think ad carries lose out overall so gggggggg

otirruborez

03-04-2013

Quote:
Nyx87:
The issue here is that it is very difficult to create an item that ADC's want that Bruisers do not.

no, it's very easy.

ranged only. just like hurricane.

Quote:
Bma:
item is designed to counter health stacking which doesnt rly exist on dominion on same level (in fact dom often has mass armor stack).

not to mention as much as it would conceptually help ad carries, every bruiser can build this item too and i think ad carries lose out overall so gggggggg

even at low hp levels the passive still makes it the best, even over infinity edge for 1000 gold less.

riot did zero balance testing just like the black cleaver release.

konfetarius

03-04-2013

The real reason I want it is because Dominion gets absolutely lulzy when an OP item is released here.

Now SR gets to have the fun borking everyone, while we watch from the side and have a sad. By the time Nome agrees to port it here, SR will have balanced it into boringness.