Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[CLIENT][CRITICAL]False Firewall Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheXthDoctor

03-06-2013

I just heard that another friend got the firewall error. Windows 7. Caused an unintended 4v5 that they're currently losing.

Duane Barry

03-06-2013

I too am having the exact same problem.

I have checked my firewalls and done a fresh re-install but the issue persists.

I attend a different university than the OP.

Juttes

03-07-2013

I got this problem too. I had just finished a game on pbe and the client crashed (as usual). I relogged in and started up another game. The loading screen stayed completely black and the firewall error popped up.

TheXthDoctor

03-07-2013

bump

TheXthDoctor

03-07-2013

Ugh... my support ticket is being "transferred" to another support team...

TheXthDoctor

03-07-2013

I was made aware of a temporary fix to the error. Just reposting it here for convenience.

Quote:
Aregionius:
Another item that seems to help with university connections in some cases is http://www.hotspotshield.com/en

To use HSS,

1a. Turn it on and activate
1b. Open launcher, it may patch if it's the first time you've run it with Hotspot on
1c. After clicking play and BEFORE ENTERING USERNAME+PASSWORD turn off Hotspot Shield
1d. Enter your details and log in.

Now, keep in mind this fix is only temporary (hopefully). This was my response to it.
Quote:
TheXthDoctor:
Yeah, that link worked fine. And HSS actually is getting me consistently into games.

However, I have to turn it back on before starting any games. With it on, I find it rather annoying that ads are now unnecessarily popping up in my browser. When I turn it back on after logging in, the client sometimes randomly disconnects, and in-game ping is unusually high (normally I'm anywhere from ~70 to ~110 without lag issues, but now it's around the 180-220 range which doesn't work very well consistently).

edit: Disconnection problems with HSS on so far include:
--The red disconnection message in the top left of the PVP.net client
--Extended "retrieving data from server" messages during champ select, and by extended, I mean virtually perpetual
--Permanent disconnection in game (and resulting in "Attempting to Reconnect&quot

edit 2: If you knew HSS could stop the firewall error, can't you figure out what about HSS is fixing the issue and then forward it to Riot to get it patched? I see no reason why I have to continue fumbling around with HSS if the problem really is this easily fixed.

TheXthDoctor

03-08-2013

bump

TheXthDoctor

03-11-2013

bump

Pontius Abraxas

03-14-2013

I am having the exact same problem, and I am NOT on a college campus.

TheXthDoctor

03-24-2013

bump