Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[CLIENT][CRITICAL]False Firewall Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheXthDoctor

03-05-2013

Okay, that means my next plan of action is to test my computer out on a different connection. The only problem with that is my lack of transportation to get to a local coffee shop/whatever with free wi-fi. Hoping that kind of chance arises soon so I might be able to pin the problem as definitely on the school's internet.

TheXthDoctor

03-05-2013

Went to a local coffee shop, still got the firewall error.

Edit: To clarify, I attempted to enter game a number of times, with about a ~50% success rate of either getting in game or running into the firewall error. So the fault may possibly be on both the school and Riot... Not sure what to make of that...

TheXthDoctor

03-05-2013

Just got this response on the other thread:

Quote:
Kaisett:
I'm pretty sure you're right. I'm on university internet and all of my friends who play this game who are also on my uni's internet have the same problem. I emailed IT and they asked for the ports. All I could find was this page: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20133372-Port-Forwarding which was made over a year ago and if you say the ports have changed I have no way to give tech support the new ports.

If the ports were in fact changed, could we possibly find out which ones they are now? That way I could go back to the help desk with more updated information and probably get the problem resolved on my end.

Wards win games

03-05-2013

Quote:
TheXthDoctor:
Just got this response on the other thread:

If the ports were in fact changed, could we possibly find out which ones they are now? That way I could go back to the help desk with more updated information and probably get the problem resolved on my end.

Typically when they "change ports", they're only changing to Within the range that was already suggested open:

for example:
Quote:
Port Forwarding for League of Legends:
Required Ports:

Each of these ports must be forwarded for League of Legends to operate properly.

5000 - 5500 UDP - League of Legends Game Client
8393 - 8400 TCP - Patcher and Maestro
2099 TCP - PVP.Net
5223 TCP - PVP.Net
5222 TCP - PVP.Net
80 TCP - HTTP Connections
443 TCP - HTTPS Connections
8088 Spectator Mode

Instead of running on UDP port 5102, they may have a new type of network transmission transmit on UDP 5244 instead, as the entire UDP range (5000 through 5500) is required to be open. I'll see if I can get any answer on if the ports listed are actually up to date, but typically these aren't changed beyond the ranges assigned.

TheXthDoctor

03-05-2013

Found anything yet?

TheXthDoctor

03-06-2013

Bump

Wards win games

03-06-2013

Quote:
TheXthDoctor:
Bump

Well, was able to verify that the ports haven't been changed from the previously mentioned values; beyond taking physical control of your machine (Something I would never recommend ANYONE EVER do, it's just not smart) I'm not really sure what else I can suggest =/ What Antivirus do you utilize?

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca208a-29229-5e9f5c0c-c169-45ec-9bfe#resolverProbing

This was your netalyzr, try giving that to you help desk. 4% packet loss is very high, and could also be attributing to your issues (packet loss is exactly what it sounds like, lost data). If too much is lost, no connection since the client is pretty network intensive due to the multiplayer components.

Try going to a dead area of your campus, where people don't frequent on a regular basis. I'm looking through the client directories to see if maybe you can remove some client versions, sometimes that clears up some connection issues

TheXthDoctor

03-06-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
Well, was able to verify that the ports haven't been changed from the previously mentioned values; beyond taking physical control of your machine (Something I would never recommend ANYONE EVER do, it's just not smart) I'm not really sure what else I can suggest =/ What Antivirus do you utilize?

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca208a-29229-5e9f5c0c-c169-45ec-9bfe#resolverProbing

This was your netalyzr, try giving that to you help desk. 4% packet loss is very high, and could also be attributing to your issues (packet loss is exactly what it sounds like, lost data). If too much is lost, no connection since the client is pretty network intensive due to the multiplayer components.

Try going to a dead area of your campus, where people don't frequent on a regular basis. I'm looking through the client directories to see if maybe you can remove some client versions, sometimes that clears up some connection issues

Since my computer is relatively new (got it for Christmas) I haven't taken the time to add any security in addition to the default Windows firewall, so there's no extra antivirus.

The campus is kind of small, so I may just have to wait until very late at night to find somewhere I can go that isn't crowded.

Let me know as soon as you find anything with those client versions, and I'll go over to the help desk soon to find out anything about the packet loss.

TheXthDoctor

03-06-2013

Okay, didn't get a chance to go by the help desk today, but I did try to do another custom match (one of the dozens I've been starting to see if the error ever stopped) and I got into it normally.

Attaching the game log just in case it might help.

Network log: 629509
Game log: 629510

edit: to also compare, I'm attaching the logs for the previous failed attempt as well:
network log: 629512
game log: 629511

TheXthDoctor

03-06-2013

aaaaaand the next attempt is met with failure... and another repeated firewall error.