Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[CLIENT][CRITICAL]False Firewall Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wards win games

03-04-2013

Also: support tickets are here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home! But honestly I don't want to send you somewhere just to get the same answers; the value of a support ticket was to provide you with a direct communication with Riot staff as to not feel ignored, if you are not pleased with the answers I've tried to come up with <3 Potential for faster responses in the case that I'm away from my PC as well ^.^

TheXthDoctor

03-04-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
Yea, I saw the thread.

None of those folks are actually having the same issue as yourself. Similar =/= the same.

The first user Brackjews actually confirmed that his similar issue was a port forwarding problem on page 2, other users report functionality on various services that you don't have access too.

Another user referenced that maestro errors were the cause (Which is very possible as these also relate to network configuration) 3 of the other users who thought they were having the same issue, have match history's full of games with no leaves, indicating they were able to restore their connection to the game without any changes on riots end (Meaning they changed something themselves and it fixed).

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20132793-firewall-configuration

This article explains why league can work 1 day, and upon a new patch it breaks. It's not that functionality has changed, it's that various internet IP addresses used could be different than what was active in the last client, as well as a slue of other network resource requirements, which would still be on the users end.

I noticed in your post you did a netalyzr scan from berkley, do you happen to have a link to the results?

The link was in the post (n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca208a-29229-5e9f5c0c-c169-45ec-9bfe).

So far everything you've said points to issues with a router I don't yet have access to, so it seems I have to figure out who's in charge of that ASAP.

Wards win games

03-04-2013

Quote:
TheXthDoctor:
The link was in the post (n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca208a-29229-5e9f5c0c-c169-45ec-9bfe).

So far everything you've said points to issues with a router I don't yet have access to, so it seems I have to figure out who's in charge of that ASAP.

Yea it's a really common problem for almost all MMO's at one point or another with college campus'.

@ my school I can't even log into the client, because their firewall restrictions are set so high.

Typically schools with on-site dorms and live-on-campus situations have policy's for enabling this kind of stuff, if you're in a dorm talk to your RA for your floor, they might know the best place to send ya, and may get more of these requests than you realize.

Wards win games

03-04-2013

479-524-7256 is your school's IT help desk telephone number. I spoke with Haley there.
She said to give her a call and she should be able to route you to the proper area to look into your network connections/allocated port allowance.

TheXthDoctor

03-04-2013

Thanks for the help. I'll check it out next time I get the chance... which should be in about an hour and a half.

TheXthDoctor

03-04-2013

or... not... help desk hours after 5 pm are only 8-10.

TheXthDoctor

03-04-2013

Okay, after spending an hour at the help desk, we managed to confirm that the needed ports are, in fact, open. The IT guys are gamers anyway and they make sure not to censor the network for gaming.

The guy there eventually had the thought that using a wired internet connection while leaving the wi-fi on could have created a problem with the conflicting connections. (I normally use a wire for a faster connection and lower latency in-game, but the wi-fi connection remains active with the same internet router.) If not that, then a small update that either happened in the client or with the OS (Windows 8) may have caused the conflict with the firewall.

Neither of these have significantly helped the issue. I've tried playing with either *just* the wi-fi or *just* the wire, but I still get the firewall error.

TheXthDoctor

03-05-2013

Bump

TheXthDoctor

03-05-2013

Xen, that other thread just got a lot more hits with people who claim to have the same error. Can you confirm they actually have the error? Or give other possible solutions?

Wards win games

03-05-2013

Quote:
TheXthDoctor:
Xen, that other thread just got a lot more hits with people who claim to have the same error. Can you confirm they actually have the error? Or give other possible solutions?

I'm trying to whisper some folks from the thread in game to find a common connection, make sure to open a support ticket as a secondary step so Riot has a ticket open that you've had issues, and link to the thread.

The only common situation I've been able to pinpoint so far with almost everyone in that thread is they are all on college campus'; and tha majority are using windows 8 (Most stating similar issues on windows 7 seem to be docsis compatibility issues, with consistent disconnects). It's definitely a brain stumper... still thinking.