Lee Sin Builds & Play Strats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

03-03-2013

Please don't feed the troll, people. Some lovely mod will come by and remove his posting privileges if he insists on acting like an attention-whoring child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNadir View Post
Just picked up Lee Sin recently.
Your build looks serviceable. You should only bother with FM once you need the survival from the health boost or if you've run out of slots and want to upgrade something before lantern - Ghostblade, Cripple, and Furor give obnoxiously good chase ability. Speaking of which, work a lantern in your build instead of Sanguine - the reveal is invaluable, the item is finished earlier, and it offers some needed defensive value in the armor now that they (finally) stripped off his free armor off Iron Will. I usually find myself building LW because of the incredible economic value the item gives. The CDR

Final item build is usually something like Boots - Ghostblade - FM - Lightbringer - LW - Maw/Atma depending on who's being a problem, and P. Blade or Filler. Filler items include Thornmail, Randuin, Odyn's, Cleaver, or QSS/Mercurial. Always enchant Furor, skill order should be Q/E/W. Cripple slow is going to do more for survival than the bonus shield or LS/Vamp off W will. A special note for cleaver is that it specifically is there to support a hypercarry or any kind of fed AD who doesn't already build one - even then, there are much better people to build a cleaver on who can stack it either faster or on multiple people.

When it comes to general play stuff, don't forget that any time you're going to R someone it should be in between Q steps, into your team to get murdered, or into their team to knock them all around. Use it liberally since the cooldown isn't all that long. Keep Iron Will up in fights for sustain, and don't forget that there's a delay between your Q's that you can use to hit them a bit more for more execute damage. You're not as tanky after losing the free armor, but you still do an absolutely obnoxious amount of damage and should be acting more like a melee carry early game than a bruiser. Lee isn't very subtle other than the fact that you need to actually hit Q's, hit them on the right people, and not jump into a Blitzcrank or a similarly spectacular death.

blackDAILO

03-03-2013

Locket is starting to become a very attractive option for bruisers and tanks alike. It gives nice stats with a very inexpensive cost.

With that said, get Locket in place of Mallet for Lee Sin.

BuddhaRice

03-03-2013

A player named inFe ed can help you out with this one

BlackNadir

03-03-2013

Thanks for the great insights, everyone (minus dumb troll).

It's all been very helpful in straightening up my game. I'm definitely still trying to master the character; hitting that skill shot really is beyond important. I'll try out the new builds suggested here.

I saw somewhere else that someone was plugging the Gunblade on LeeSin. What's up with that?

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

gunblade? i dont think that that really gives...anything that he wants that wouldn't be better gotten from another item (lifesteal). unless you really really wanted the active for some bizzare reason. i mean, bilgewater cutlass is really cheap and efficient now imo, but the rest of gunblade is pretty useless on him, and you should be getting lantern or sanguine as lifesteal options to begin with instead of cutlass.

DSpyder

03-03-2013

The spell vamp coupled wth Iron will and the lifesteal on gunblade is why ppl look at it for lee.
Q>R>Q will heal you for large amounts of dmg with it. It's something like 45% total spell vamp.

A12MO12

03-04-2013

R>E>Q>W

I like leveling cripple first since it's magic damage and the attack speed debuff cripples bruisers which you see quite often.

inFe eD

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12MO12 View Post
R>E>Q>W

I like leveling cripple first since it's magic damage and the attack speed debuff cripples bruisers which you see quite often.
wat

A12MO12

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
wat
mixed up the names, tempest is the first skill, cripple is the second. Meant to say the that first portion of the skill does magic damage that scales with AD, the second part of it slows movement speed and attack speed.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Lee_Sin

BuddhaRice

03-04-2013

Yes armor, keep maxing E on lee sin like the jellyneck you are.