Lee Sin Builds & Play Strats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackNadir

03-03-2013

Just picked up Lee Sin recently.

I can't decide whether to build him high dps or more tanky. Both seem to be plausible, but which is best?

Also, I've been leveling him Q -> W -> R -> E. Mixed results, really.

I've been using Merc/Ionian Boots and Brutalizer, followed by a Phage, as my core starter build for pretty much any game, and then tend to vary from there. I like to get the Sanguine Blade if I can, as well as Frozen Mallet

Does anyone have any tips to share on anything with him?

Torkable

03-03-2013

worst bruiser in game imo.
inb4 "hur sauron bla bla bla tier list bla bla bla" dont care

BlackNadir

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
While that's all well and fine, I didn't choose him because I wanted a best/worst bruiser/carry/tank/whatever. I picked him because I'd always wanted to play him.

If you've got some constructive advice, that'd be cool, too.

Purpleskoal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

R > Q > E> W

No need for phage.

Torkable

03-03-2013

lvl R first?
tell me your secrets

JohnWinter

03-03-2013

R is an ulti, always lvl it first. And besides, Q>R>Q :P

blackSAILO

03-03-2013

Quote:
There's no such thing as a bad bruiser, just bad players.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

lee sin is strong, played well he can dominate games. That said he is more difficult than other champs that fulfill the same role simply because he has a skillshot for most of his damage, much like how a properly played zed does stupid damage but his skillcap is so high that almost no one plays him.

I'd say beyond doing q and r, leveling e or w first comes down to preference and what you need for that specific game. If you are bot laning, i'd level safeguard first for sure. playing vs an eve, e for sure. if your team is more of the pokey type, level w so you can jump in and back out easier, if your team is a hard engage comp, max e so you can get the aoe slow to help your team stick to the enemy.

general tips - just cause you land a q, doesn't mean you have to fly. Also, being right on top of someone q, r and then q to fly will do the most damage (well, technically q,aa, e,aa, r, q but who has time for that) use the q as the execute rather than the r, it seems a lot of people dislike when you kick someone to safety with 100 health... As far as build goes, i'm sure that there is someone that i've seen play him recently i just can't remember who. its been a while since i've played him so i don't want to steer you wrong there, but i can tell you that phage is a bit meh just because you already have a powerful slow. you will need a bit of durability though. sanguine blade is fine, maybe a randuins if you are dying? brutalizer is good, i'd probably get a last whisper in there too somewhere, and then other than that just tanky items, which are generally match dependent.

Metalfenrir

03-03-2013

Quote:
Renekton would like to have a word with you...

...Poor alligator crocodile beast thing

Torkable

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackSAILO View Post
There's no such thing as a bad bruiser, just bad players.
You're going to make a great mother.