Ashe's demise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jooce

Senior Member

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frigid View Post
As an avid Ashe player , I agree that the nerf was unneccasary. Ashe is a very very squishy, and her Crystal arrow is just about the only way to compete with players her level. Playing ashe after the patch was so incredibly frustrating, her arrow did almost no damage compared to what it was, made her ultimate into more of a normal spell. I would really like for them to reconsider the changes, ashe was not overpowered. An ultimate is an ultimate for a reason.

If Crystal Arrow is where your dmg was coming from as Ashe then you were doing it wrong in the first place. Get and inf edge and auto-shoot people down...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frigid

Member

12-03-2009

Ashe is way to squishy to stand there and shoot people down. Once most heros are up on you, then your pretty much done. Even with inf edge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GNOY

Senior Member

12-03-2009

Well, most ppl asked for Cooldown nerf. No idea why they did DMG/Slow/Stun nerf. A simple CD increasing would have decided all problems. The frequency with which she fired arrow was annoying, not its dmg.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xionis

Senior Member

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frigid View Post
As an avid Ashe player , I agree that the nerf was unneccasary. Ashe is a very very squishy, and her Crystal arrow is just about the only way to compete with players her level. Playing ashe after the patch was so incredibly frustrating, her arrow did almost no damage compared to what it was, made her ultimate into more of a normal spell. I would really like for them to reconsider the changes, ashe was not overpowered. An ultimate is an ultimate for a reason.
I'm calling bull on the bolded line. The damage was reduced from 700 to 600. That is a 14.3% decrease in damage. "Almost no damage" != 14.3% reduction. Maybe if it was REDUCED to 14.3% damage, you would be telling the truth. To be honest, the damage was not the OP part of her Ult, it was the massive stun when she fired it at anyone farther away than melee range (even at melee range it was pretty potent.) A capped out Crystal Arrow hitting you for max stun gave you time to fume, make an angry forum post about Ashe, walk away, make a sandwich, come back, fume some more, and finally unstun just as the last member of the 5 man gank squad finally shows up to stomp your *** into the ground.


And even with that, I really had no problem with Ashe tbh, as people have said...she's so squishy it's fun to smash her with other heros. The game is pretty well balanced as a whole, and ashe lovers are going to flame my post into next week for disagreeing with them, but I couldn't really care what happens to Ashe. Making false statements about changes however, I do care about. Obviously...as I've just written a small novel about it. Dammit.

WTB Life ; ;


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radec

Senior Member

12-04-2009

She has ranged slow, a cone aoe damage (that slows) and a massive stun and massive damage ult but you consider her an underdog? Oh please....

Try using a different ranged hero and then tell me Ashe is anything but top tier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crunx

Senior Member

12-04-2009

If you struggle with Ashe, you are awful at this game. There is no middle ground.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2009

Play Tristana if you think Ashe is UP with the small nerf. If you do anywhere near as well with Trist as you did with Ashe, then I might give you some credit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radec

Senior Member

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
Play Tristana if you think Ashe is UP with the small nerf. If you do anywhere near as well with Trist as you did with Ashe, then I might give you some credit.
I was just thinking that....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Euroteres

Senior Member

12-04-2009

I used to play tris all the time, then I started playing ashe and I can definitely understand what you are saying. Going 9-11/7-9/8-10 as tris and then i went 15/1/7 with ashe a few games later.

You think a small nerf on ashe's ult hurts her so much? Try playing tris and accidentally saving your enemy with your ult 5 times a game when they get around your rocket jump fast enough.

Ashe isn't quite as squishy as people think. I once almost late game solo'd a good master yi and had my crystal arrow hit him at point blank only. The only reason I survived was because a zilean came and started to help me but I still had about 100 health at the end of it.

If you have trouble with a squishy ashe get a lifesteal item early game. Emblem of Valour works wonders when you solo a group of minions after a tough champion fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frigid

Member

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionis View Post
I'm calling bull on the bolded line. The damage was reduced from 700 to 600. That is a 14.3% decrease in damage. "Almost no damage" != 14.3% reduction. Maybe if it was REDUCED to 14.3% damage, you would be telling the truth. To be honest, the damage was not the OP part of her Ult, it was the massive stun when she fired it at anyone farther away than melee range (even at melee range it was pretty potent.) A capped out Crystal Arrow hitting you for max stun gave you time to fume, make an angry forum post about Ashe, walk away, make a sandwich, come back, fume some more, and finally unstun just as the last member of the 5 man gank squad finally shows up to stomp your *** into the ground.


And even with that, I really had no problem with Ashe tbh, as people have said...she's so squishy it's fun to smash her with other heros. The game is pretty well balanced as a whole, and ashe lovers are going to flame my post into next week for disagreeing with them, but I couldn't really care what happens to Ashe. Making false statements about changes however, I do care about. Obviously...as I've just written a small novel about it. Dammit.

WTB Life ; ;
Late game, 100 damage is hardly a nerf as you say, but early game, 50 damage, and 75 damage, is a LOT. Definatly makes a much noticable difference. I agree with the stun nerf, its fine the way it is as of this patch. Early game arrow is what I was referring mostly, I guess I should of elaborated.