[Item Concept] More fun for the support role!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinaro

03-03-2013

I (personally of course) think it would be more fun to play the support role if you were not that much behind in EXP and gold. But how can you give the support role an item, that gives them more gold (or EXP) without it being good on everyone?

Both of my item ideas abuse the concept of the support role (almost) not last hitting monsters.

Item 1:
Unique Passive - (some name): Whenever a nearby ally gains gold from killing a Monster or Minion you gain X% of that gold (without the other player losing it of course). This passive is inactive for X seconds after killing a Monster or Minion.

Item 2:
Unique Passive - (some name): Gain 20 (?) additional gold every 10 seconds. This passive is inactive for X seconds after killing a Monster or Minion.

Something similar could be done with EXP. This could also be integrated as a Mastery.

What do you think?

I would be happy to see a red post!

MilkusWolfus

03-03-2013

I'm liking the item 1, Item 2 seems really strong to me but i don't know. The passive inactive after killing a creep is clever.

LeVentNoir

03-03-2013

Oh, item two is awesome. Thats cool. High GP/5 which is disabled on minion kills. Stops tanks and so on abusing it.

Kinaro

03-03-2013

Thanks for the kind words!

Kinaro

03-05-2013

No one? :O

Keledrath

Recruiter

03-05-2013

I think the second was is a bit too powerful. Supports shouldn't be last hitting anyways, so if you're good you won't need to worry about deactivating it, and it is stronger than all of the current gp10s put together (Avarice Blade = 2, philostone = 5, kage's = 4, total = 11, with a potential 7.25 more from runes/masteries making for a max of 18.75 with the gp10 yellows, which are bad imo).

I just feel this would be too much gold generation.

The5lacker

03-05-2013

Ignoring the fact that neither of these effects scream "fun" to me (Support is a passive enough role as is, there is no need to make them just sit there and do nothing), there's more to support than just "not last-hitting." As a support, I often work to help push the minion wave to deny the enemy team farm, and I do this by attacking minions at high health so that my carry can finish them off. Having me lose my gold output for doing my job? Hell, having an item that PUNISHES you for doing something? That's a pretty bad idea.

Really, all we need is the old Heart of Gold back as a Gp10 item so supports can get a solid gold-base and then build all of their Gp10 items into solid support items, like Shurelia's Reverie, Will of the Ancients, etc.

Kinaro

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
I think the second was is a bit too powerful. Supports shouldn't be last hitting anyways, so if you're good you won't need to worry about deactivating it, and it is stronger than all of the current gp10s put together (Avarice Blade = 2, philostone = 5, kage's = 4, total = 11, with a potential 7.25 more from runes/masteries making for a max of 18.75 with the gp10 yellows, which are bad imo).

I just feel this would be too much gold generation.
What's the problem with the support role getting more money?
It's not that they would surpass any other role in EXP or gold, even with the suggested items. They just wouldn't be as far behind as they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Ignoring the fact that neither of these effects scream "fun" to me (Support is a passive enough role as is, there is no need to make them just sit there and do nothing), there's more to support than just "not last-hitting." As a support, I often work to help push the minion wave to deny the enemy team farm, and I do this by attacking minions at high health so that my carry can finish them off. Having me lose my gold output for doing my job? Hell, having an item that PUNISHES you for doing something? That's a pretty bad idea.

Really, all we need is the old Heart of Gold back as a Gp10 item so supports can get a solid gold-base and then build all of their Gp10 items into solid support items, like Shurelia's Reverie, Will of the Ancients, etc.
The fun part is that the support role is a little bit less behind than it is the case at the moment. I don't quite get what the rest of the post has to do with the suggested items.
The passive will only be disabled when you last hit a minion, not when you damage them and even then only for a short time. I don't see how this promotes a passive play style, if that is what you are trying to say.

Battle Mage Kaze

03-05-2013

So the items would be able to be built with Gp5 items or would they be built from other items and stack with the Gps (Gold per sec) like kages lucky pick and philosopher stone? Also if you kill a unit the it goes on cd? So you'd be hurting the cd after getting farm if your lane partner isn't there getting the farm? Those items are just to make the support role more fun or are they meant to make the support as(if not more) powerful than they adc at the time of laning or team fights?

Kinaro

03-05-2013

Quote:
So the items would be able to be built with Gp5 items or would they be built from other items and stack with the Gps (Gold per sec) like kages lucky pick and philosopher stone?
This is just a concept, so this is a bit too specific, but let's say it would stack with other gp5 items.

Quote:
Also if you kill a unit the it goes on cd? So you'd be hurting the cd after getting farm if your lane partner isn't there getting the farm?
In this case you would not get the gp5 from this item for a short time, but you would get the gold from killing the minion, which is still more gold.

Quote:
Those items are just to make the support role more fun or are they meant to make the support as(if not more) powerful than they adc at the time of laning or team fights?
If anything they would make the support role weaker during the laning phase and stronger late game. Every gp5 item has this dynamic because they are not cost efficient the moment you buy them but will get more cost efficient the longer you have them.

About the fun part: Yes, I think being less behind is more fun!