Ask Steward-Summoner Tybresa [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

03-03-2013

(( Reserved for well thought out post))

Ask the String

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandora View Post
Tybresa stands up from her desk and curtsies politely in front of the Maven, smiling warmly.

Greetings, champion - please, do not worry about formalities, you may simply address me as Steward.

She thoughtfully taps her lower lip with her index finger. Ah, yes, that does seem like the question of the century, does it not? You are not the first to inquire about this, Sona, and I am quite certain that never the last. She chuckles bemusedly.

Now, while I am not allowed to divulge the exact methods of our summoning techniques to champions - Institute protocol, I hope you understand - I can, however, tell you that by summoning you champions on the Fields of Justice, we become the most powerful while still the weakest.

Powerful, for we merge our conscience with the chosen champion, which leads to us being able to coordinate your potentials to unique displays of strength and skill. But this bond is not one-sided, though - we also extend our own signature powers to the champions when they find themselves on Fields of Justice. Surely you have experienced moving from one distant point to another in a flash, or feeling the wounds suffered from the enemy become less serious under a restorative spell. She smirks.

But this also renders us weak should someone would try to harm us when we are channeling the summoning ritual - it is impossible to break the bond unless the energy of a broken Nexus Crystal releases us. In the worst possible cases, when a summoner -does- breaks the bond prematurely, it is usually because of the body succumbing - this does not necessarily mean that he was killed, though - it could also mean that his brain had shut down because of exhaustion.

Tybresa ponders on this for a moment.
It has come to my attention that these occurrences happen far more often that they should - I believe the High Council would have to reinforce stricter rules regarding resting times.

She props her hands on the desk's surface, leaning slightly forward. As for your second inquiry, we do see and feel what you do, but as you said it yourself, only from afar, like overseers. The summoning ritual has been researched on and tested countless of times, but this is the best the High Council could do. And in the end, it does seem to be the best solution - after all, we are given a bigger tactical perspective over the chosen battlefield.

Does my answer satisfy your curiosity, Maven? She looks at Sona kindly.
Sona nodded, ♪I believe that would be sufficient. I say, you do have quite a knack for explaining things. I'm impressed.♪

Sona thought for a moment, ♪So, if I may ask, what is your opinion on my music...or just music in general?♪

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

(( Wow! You have no idea how happy it is to see that my little thread is having such a bustle of activity! I am really grateful! From now on, should I get more questions one after another, I will dedicate one post for each reply according to the the order they were posted. So, I will be starting with Jayce and so forth.

However, I would ask that if you could give me a confirmation that you have read the reply - can be an OOC or IC answer - it would help me a lot. ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jayc View Post
Miss Tybresa,

What do you fear most for going wrong, as a summoner?

-Jayce
Tybresa was dutifully working on a report when one of her hummingbirds would fly through the open window, frantically buzzing around as it tries to draw the focus of its mistress to the small note grappled in its tiny claws. She looks at it with a curious expression as she receives the message and tells off the hummingbird, not before gently patting it behind its head.

What's this, then?

She reads the message once, then twice, before she draws out a blank piece of parchment and a nearby pen. She would write:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A response letter
Greetings champion Jayce, Defender of Tomorrow,

Quite a controversial question - as a summoner, the worst possible thing that could happen is a mental shutdown during a summoning ritual - it is, indeed, a very embarrassing experience for a summoner to faint (whether of exhaustion or other medical conditions) during a match and leave the champion stranded without a purpose on the Fields of Justice. Sadly, the High Council has not found a method to 'unsummon' a champion from the field unless one of the Nexus Crystals explode, which signals the end of both the match and summoning ritual. Then there is also the matter of handicapping the team, forcing them to fight on without a member.

However, from the perspective of a Steward ... I fear many things that could go wrong. While the situation seems quite peaceful, the Steward Council would hold their breath as they work hard to maintain the good flow of activity within the Institute, and may only breathe at ease at the end of the day, which may or may not extend past midnight. If you want specifications, I fear that a single letter would not suffice to enumerate them all.

I hope this answer pleases you and I humbly await any other questions you might have for me.

Respectfully yours,
Steward-Summoner Tybresa Farrister
The steward would let the pen fall as she neatly folds the parchment and places it in a white envelope. She lights a candle - with the help of a matchstick - and lets a couple of wax drops to fall on the envelope in order to seal it. Before it has any time to cool off, she quickly presses the Crest of the Steward Council on it.

She stands up from her desk and walks to the window, whistling a long, one-note melody as she calls out. Aaru! I have need of you.

The hummingbird in question promptly appears from above the window and perches itself on Tybresa's shoulder, letting out a chirp that sounds like a question being asked.

I have a task for you, my little messenger - you remember Jayce, do you not? The hummingbird chirps twice in confirmation.

Good. she smiles pleasantly. Then be good and make sure this letter reaches him.

Aaru fluffs its chest and lets out a proud trill before he buzzes towards the desk, picking up the letter and flying out into the distance in one sweeping moment. The Steward would stare at the small, blue dot as it vanishes into the distance, a small smile on her lips.

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
(( Reserved for well thought out post))
The Steward would be tending to her plotted flowers, carefully wiping the leaves with a soft tissue and watering them properly. The hummingbirds would buzz around the window, filling the air with the gleeful chirps and melodies. She doesn't seem to be aware of the shadow of a person hesitating outside her door ...

(( I will await your post with bated breath. ))

Shandora

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
Sona nodded, ♪I believe that would be sufficient. I say, you do have quite a knack for explaining things. I'm impressed.♪

Sona thought for a moment, ♪So, if I may ask, what is your opinion on my music...or just music in general?♪
Tybresa curtsies as she smiles, her cheeks flushing a light tone of red. I am glad to hear that you are satisfied, and grateful for your humbling words - it is my duty, as not only summoner, but as Senior Steward, to shed light on any questions or problems anyone might have, whether they are champions or summoners. You may say that I have quite the experience on this subject. chuckles lightly.

Tybresa would slightly tilt her head back, a dreamy look in her eyes.
Aah, music ... my father would call it the soothing balm of the soul - and how right he is, I might add. Music, my dear Maven, is the way the soul can make itself heard, whether through voice or instrument.

As a girl back at my family house in Demacia, I would spend my time in my solarium composing verses and melodies for voice, violin, or both - I would draw inspiration from some of my deepest emotions and thoughts, or from the small, seemingly insignificant things that surround us all. She would point at one of the blooming flowers sitting on the window sill. Things that seem to be overshadowed by the bigger things in life, like regrets or concerns, will always find a way to make us smile even in the darkest times.

As for your own music, champion ... she lets out a soft sigh. I would be speechless and yet able to find words at the same time - beautiful, mesmerizing, soothing, relaxing, invigorating, stirring, heart-wrenching ... You have had me at your power from the first concert you made in Demacia not so long ago - indeed, you truly know how to pull my heartstrings.

She smiles and winks slyly.
And let this be between you and me only, but I admit that you are one of my favorite champions within the League, especially when it comes to play a supporting role in a match.

Ask Nami

03-04-2013

Quote:
Tybresa glances behind her at the sheets of paperwork strewn on her desk. She turns to look at Nami, smiling warmly as she dismissively waves her hand.

Ah, you do not have to worry about that - I am already ahead in the work quota anyway. Besides, I would always prioritize a champion in need that a pile of papers! she lets out a hearty chuckle, trying very hard to make Nami as comfortable as possible.

I am sorry to hear about your champion tour - I will make sure to see that the Steward who had you in his care will be sanctioned for his poor performance.

She extends her hand at Nami. I feel that the only way to make up for that is by offering to be your tour guide this time. she smiles sympathetically. I understand, it must be quite tiresome to keep that aquatic wave underneath you for long periods of movement ... I will consider coming up with an improvisation to make it more easier for you to travel, if you would wish...

Of course, your problems would be solved with the apparition of the Moonstone ... she lets out a small sigh. I talked to Ezreal about it, but he didn't have anything for me other than making me worry about him and Ryze on their underwater exploration. I am truly sorry, Nami - I do feel quite helpless. If it is any consolation, I will keep a keen eye out for anything I might find regarding this mystical stone.

Nami rubbed the back of her head and chuckled "That's fine, you don't need to punish him, I think it was more my fault than anything else really." She nods "Well if you insist on showing me around it would be rude of me to decline, I'll accept the offer." she let out her own sigh "Yes, it drains me of quiet a bit of energy over the course of the day, that combined with having to keep my body wet at almost all times really drains me." she shakes her head "Oh the institute has already done more than enough for me, I couldn't possibly ask for more assistance, I'm fine, honest." she giggled a bit "I'm sure those two will be fine, truthfully I would love to join them, but that's something I simply cannot do." She nodded "Thank you, that's all I ask of anyone, if everyone is keeping an eye out for information than eventually something will turn up."

Shandora

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nami View Post
Nami rubbed the back of her head and chuckled "That's fine, you don't need to punish him, I think it was more my fault than anything else really." She nods "Well if you insist on showing me around it would be rude of me to decline, I'll accept the offer." she let out her own sigh "Yes, it drains me of quiet a bit of energy over the course of the day, that combined with having to keep my body wet at almost all times really drains me." she shakes her head "Oh the institute has already done more than enough for me, I couldn't possibly ask for more assistance, I'm fine, honest." she giggled a bit "I'm sure those two will be fine, truthfully I would love to join them, but that's something I simply cannot do." She nodded "Thank you, that's all I ask of anyone, if everyone is keeping an eye out for information than eventually something will turn up."
Tybresa raises her eyebrow, not really convinced by Nami's argument regarding punishment for the steward in charge. She closes her eyes in thought for a moment before putting up a wide smile.

You are as merciful as you are kind, Tidecaller - I will let the Steward in question know that it is by your word he would not be stuck on clean-up duty for a month. her voice suddenly becomes dire. He had better show gratitude and respect next time.

Tybresa casually clears her throat as she continues in her usual warm tone. Of course, my offer will always be there should you not wish to tour the Institute now. I am always at your service, Nami - but I beg of you, whenever you are unsure of yourself, simply come to me. I would be honored to help you in any dilemmas you might have. she slowly takes back her offered hand, folding them in front of her instead.

Understandable - while I fear that I cannot come up with a good solution on the spot for your problem, I assure you that I will look into it to ease your burden. And please - you insult me by saying that the League - no, the Steward Council - cannot do better than that! she lets out a soft chuckle. Just because you are a champion you shouldn't feel ashamed or scared to ask for assistance - in fact, it would actually give us a purpose. Nothing hurts more than not to be taken in consideration by the people we are intended to help and assist as part of our duty here.

The steward would wrap her arms around herself as she glances at the window, a worried expression on her face. Oh, Nami, I don't know what to feel ... I am certain that both champions are more than capable to handle whatever obstacles they would encounter, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel so helpless - the League nor I would be able to help them in time should something -actually- happen.

She lets out a long, out-drawn sigh, lingering in silence as her concern remains on her expression. After a couple of moments, she shakes her head, as if clearing the black little clouds gathering over her head and nods politely at Nami, continuing the discussion.

I will spread the word around the Steward Council to keep an eye out for the Moonstone as well - who knows, they might prove themselves more capable to find out information than to distribute it in the forms of a tour. She spoke the last part sharply, still displeased to hear of Nami's champion tour experience.

She takes a few steps towards the window, inspecting the outdoors before she turns her gaze back to Nami.
I am at your disposition, Champion. Do you wish the tour now, or another time?

Valorans Outlaw

03-04-2013

Aaru would return a short while later, with a reply note.

Quote:
A follow up question, as well as another one; have you ever fainted during a summoning? Have you ever been seriously injured during a match?

Also; has any champion(s) tried to harm you physically (or mentally)?

Ask the String

03-04-2013

Quote:
Tybresa curtsies as she smiles, her cheeks flushing a light tone of red. I am glad to hear that you are satisfied, and grateful for your humbling words - it is my duty, as not only summoner, but as Senior Steward, to shed light on any questions or problems anyone might have, whether they are champions or summoners. You may say that I have quite the experience on this subject. chuckles lightly.

Tybresa would slightly tilt her head back, a dreamy look in her eyes.
Aah, music ... my father would call it the soothing balm of the soul - and how right he is, I might add. Music, my dear Maven, is the way the soul can make itself heard, whether through voice or instrument.

As a girl back at my family house in Demacia, I would spend my time in my solarium composing verses and melodies for voice, violin, or both - I would draw inspiration from some of my deepest emotions and thoughts, or from the small, seemingly insignificant things that surround us all. She would point at one of the blooming flowers sitting on the window sill. Things that seem to be overshadowed by the bigger things in life, like regrets or concerns, will always find a way to make us smile even in the darkest times.

As for your own music, champion ... she lets out a soft sigh. I would be speechless and yet able to find words at the same time - beautiful, mesmerizing, soothing, relaxing, invigorating, stirring, heart-wrenching ... You have had me at your power from the first concert you made in Demacia not so long ago - indeed, you truly know how to pull my heartstrings.

She smiles and winks slyly.
And let this be between you and me only, but I admit that you are one of my favorite champions within the League, especially when it comes to play a supporting role in a match.
♪Well thanks, ♪ Sona replied with a small bow of her head, ♪I agree with you on the power and infuence music has. And I don't disagree with you about my own melody. Perhaps someday we can play a beautiful piece together. It would be nice to bond with a summoner off the fields. ♪

Ask Talon

03-04-2013

Talon pushed the door open without hesitation or a knock.

"Summoner.... I've recently developed a problem with Junior Summoners walking into my apartment withing the Institute without even a knock. The next time it happens I'm leaving the body in the middle of the summoner dorms."