Ask Steward-Summoner Tybresa [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

IMPORTANT NOTES, EVENTS AND WARNINGS:

Edit 1: Whenever I come by this thread, I read every single post - do not get discouraged if you think I didn't reply to yours, simply check the previous page for the reply, things tend to get a little bit cluttered.
Edit 2: The Steward's office is a magical place, able to distort space and time - that means each person/champion can't interfere with another's post. Sorry if you think this limited, but it makes things much easier if I can interact and address each person uniquely and separated from the rest.
Edit 3: I think a good advice is to bookmark the page where you posted your reply and then check back on that page for my reply - this thread has so much activity, there's a chance it will be drowned out by other people's posts.
Edit 4: 05-14-2013 - Shandora will have to go on hiatus for the sake of school - please refer to this post HERE for for information, as well as the post list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close to the heart of the Institute of War, there is a long hallway with no obvious doors leading anywhere. As you keep walking along, you finally notice the outline of a seemingly-concealed door. A brass plate engraved with the words 'SENIOR STEWARD'S OFFICE' is affixed in the middle of the door, with a small, almost unnoticeable door knob further below it.

Should you decide to turn the door knob and open the door, you would be greeted with
the homely atmosphere of a peach-colored room, the walls tastefully adorned with landscape paintings of locations from all over Valoran. In the middle of the spacy room stands a modest but imposing cherry wood desk, covered with stacks of neatly-filed papers, folders and all kinds of writing instruments, from iron styluses and pencils to feathered quills and ink wells.

A fair-haired summoner is sitting at the desk on a
purple-cushioned, high-backed chair, seeming absorbed by the paper in front of her, nervously tapping the pen on the wooden surface. She slightly lifts her head from the paper, seeming aware that the door had opened, but her eyes are practically glued to the report in front of her.

Standing in front of the desk are two chairs with a small yordle-sized stool between them that could be easily (and was) confused for a footrest by many people. On the left of the desk is a great velvet couch standing between a cupboard with a plate of treats on it and a massive book-case with all kinds of scrolls, books and files. Mounted on the wall directly above the couch is a master-crafted demacian rapier resting in its sheath.

On the right side is a big, wide-opened window, the sill barely noticeable underneath the cascading vines of the potted plants. The flowers themselves are in their bloom, the buds spreading their petals wide open in a show of vividly bright colors. A weak breeze carries the strong scent towards the door, an awfully sweet and intoxicating perfume making your nose crinkle. Buzzing around are a couple of blue hummingbirds, happily chirping as they enjoy the sweet nectar the flowers offer.

You catch a slight movement on the wall directly behind the desk where the steward is working. A keen eye would notice after a while that with each current of air, a portion of the wall seems to shudder, only to realize that it is, in fact, a drape of the same peachy color of the room, concealing what seems to be an entrance. Where it leads is open to speculation.

Tybresa lifts her gaze to the entrance and promptly stands up, smiling warmly. She steps around her desk and stands beside it, neatly folding her hands in front of her as she speaks
in a welcoming tone.

Greetings and be welcome to my office, champions and summoners. I am Steward Tybresa Farrister-Cassalantar - should you have any issues, personal requests, inquiries about the League or simply wish to speak to me, then I am at your service.

You can rest assured, whatever is discussed in my office will not be spread out within the Institute - as a steward, it is my duty to act as confidante to everyone, whether they are champion or summoner, and to act as advocate in order to protect their interests as best as possible.

She crosses her arms to her chest. Of course, I would expect that you come to me with no violent intentions - I will not hesitate to use the Bubble to contain any trouble makers and condemn them to a week's worth of cleaning the Institute's toilets and tending to the Cafeteria's kitchens. she raises her eyebrow. That doesn't sound too appealing, does it? You have been warned.

She chuckles lightly and props one hand on the desk while the other rests on her hip.

Now, with what could I assist you with?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

03-03-2013: And here it is - goodness knows I've been dying to do something like this for a while now. I made this thread for those who are interested in a more engaging RP-interaction - those who saw my posts will know that I like to write very detailed and answer every point asked while still developing ways to further lengthen interactions in a pleasant matter, granted if you wish to take hold of the hint.

While I tried to cover as much ground as possible with the introduction scene I wrote, the only unsaid rule I would have to mention is to be respectful - no flaming, no bashing, no drama. Nobody wants that, especially I.

As for the whole steward concept, I came up with the idea of special individuals appointed by the High Council that are supposed to handle the internal maintenance of the Institute of War - because let's face it, you won't see a High Councilor trying to break apart a cat fight between yordles, give the newly-induced apprentices a tour around the building or helping Champion X decorate his/her/it's office. So basically, Stewards handle the day-to-day business within the League.

Now, if you have any questions about things that strike you as odd, feel free to ask me in OOC or even better, turn it into an excuse to enter the Steward's chambers.

As closing words ... well, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I will. And know that I have a tendency of throwing links with visual representations of various things that catch my eyes - it makes things more interesting. DISCLAIMER: None of the linked materials are mine. Except for the summoner profile, which does belong to me.

Have fun! :3 ))

03-23-2013: On an off-note, I want to thank everyone who participated - in 3 weeks I now have 64 pages.My little baby is quite the popular person, and I feel very flattered. <3 Great people in this community, I'm glad to be a part of this.
04-28-2013: 100 pages! Thank you -everyone- for participating, gosh I <3 you all! Check this thread HERE for information on the surprise I have in store for the community for helping me reach this milestone.
05-14-2013: More information on the Stewards HERE.

Ask the String

03-03-2013

Sona glides into the summoner's room, her melodies filled the air as normal. She noticed the room seemed rather clean and well decorated. She approaches Tybresa with her usual smile.

♪Hello there, miss, ♪ Her song started, ♪I've been quite curious, what is it like to summon us onto the fields? Do you guys see and feel what we do, or are you more like overseers looking over everything from afar?"

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Tybresa stands up from her desk and curtsies politely in front of the Maven, smiling warmly.

Greetings, champion - please, do not worry about formalities, you may simply address me as Steward.

She thoughtfully taps her lower lip with her index finger. Ah, yes, that does seem like the question of the century, does it not? You are not the first to inquire about this, Sona, and I am quite certain that never the last. She chuckles bemusedly.

Now, while I am not allowed to divulge the exact methods of our summoning techniques to champions - Institute protocol, I hope you understand - I can, however, tell you that by summoning you champions on the Fields of Justice, we become the most powerful while still the weakest.

Powerful, for we merge our conscience with the chosen champion, which leads to us being able to coordinate your potentials to unique displays of strength and skill. But this bond is not one-sided, though - we also extend our own signature powers to the champions when they find themselves on Fields of Justice. Surely you have experienced moving from one distant point to another in a flash, or feeling the wounds suffered from the enemy become less serious under a restorative spell. She smirks.

But this also renders us weak should someone would try to harm us when we are channeling the summoning ritual - it is impossible to break the bond unless the energy of a broken Nexus Crystal releases us. In the worst possible cases, when a summoner -does- breaks the bond prematurely, it is usually because of the body succumbing - this does not necessarily mean that he was killed, though - it could also mean that his brain had shut down because of exhaustion.

Tybresa ponders on this for a moment.
It has come to my attention that these occurrences happen far more often that they should - I believe the High Council would have to reinforce stricter rules regarding resting times.

She props her hands on the desk's surface, leaning slightly forward. As for your second inquiry, we do see and feel what you do, but as you said it yourself, only from afar, like overseers. The summoning ritual has been researched on and tested countless of times, but this is the best the High Council could do. And in the end, it does seem to be the best solution - after all, we are given a bigger tactical perspective over the chosen battlefield.

Does my answer satisfy your curiosity, Maven? She looks at Sona kindly.

Ask Nami

03-03-2013

Nami was wandering around the institute when she stumbled upon the door, reading the sign she raised a brow "Hmm, never saw this here before..." She knocked politely before opening the door and peaking in. "Hello?"

Shandora

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nami View Post
Nami was wandering around the institute when she stumbled upon the door, reading the sign she raised a brow "Hmm, never saw this here before..." She knocked politely before opening the door and peaking in. "Hello?"
Tybresa was leaning back on her chair, thinking out loud.

If we propose a decrease of the magical fluctuation flowing through the basement, we might actually spare ourselves precious energy costs - ...

She raises her eyebrow as a knock echoes from the door before it was opened, revealing the person to be champion Nami, the Tidecaller.

Ah, Nami! she smiles widely and stands up from her chair, walking around and placing herself in front of the desk.

Please, do not stand about - come inside and make yourself comfortable! Welcome to my office. she makes a beckoning gesture at Nami before pointing at one of the chairs in front of the desk.

To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here?

Ask Nami

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandora View Post
Tybresa was leaning back on her chair, thinking out loud.

If we propose a decrease of the magical fluctuation flowing through the basement, we might actually spare ourselves precious energy costs - ...

She raises her eyebrow as a knock echoes from the door before it was opened, revealing the person to be champion Nami, the Tidecaller.

Ah, Nami! she smiles widely and stands up from her chair, walking around and placing herself in front of the desk.

Please, do not stand about - come inside and make yourself comfortable! Welcome to my office. she makes a beckoning gesture at Nami before pointing at one of the chairs in front of the desk.

To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here?

"Uh...okay." Nami moved over to the chairs and sat down, looking rather uncomfortable.

"I don't...particularly have a reason, I just sort of well...I was just... I'm totally lost..." She admitted, hanging her head down in shame

"I don't even remember what I was looking for any more, why is the institute so confusing?"

Shandora

03-03-2013

Tybresa tilts her head as she smiles encouragingly at Nami, chuckling softly. She cannot help but compare Nami with a lost little puppy - or fish.

Don't worry about it, Nami - my office door is always open, no matter what you need or don't need. You can always come to me whenever you have questions, you know - I'm a Steward, and stewards are some of your best friends within the Institute. And I'm not just saying that. she chuckles.

You are not the first one to be overwhelmed by the Institute's size, Nami - it does take a while to get used to the inner patterns of the hallways ... and since you are used to a different orientation perspective - considering you lived underwater for your whole life - it makes it even harder, I reckon.

She tilts her head. I could draw you a map, if you want - would that help you? I would be willing to give you a tour as well.

Ask Nami

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandora View Post
Tybresa tilts her head as she smiles encouragingly at Nami, chuckling softly. She cannot help but compare Nami with a lost little puppy - or fish.

Don't worry about it, Nami - my office door is always open, no matter what you need or don't need. You can always come to me whenever you have questions, you know - I'm a Steward, and stewards are some of your best friends within the Institute. And I'm not just saying that. she chuckles.

You are not the first one to be overwhelmed by the Institute's size, Nami - it does take a while to get used to the inner patterns of the hallways ... and since you are used to a different orientation perspective - considering you lived underwater for your whole life - it makes it even harder, I reckon.

She tilts her head. I could draw you a map, if you want - would that help you? I would be willing to give you a tour as well.

Nami nodded, blushing slightly out of embarrassment. For the first time she actually took a good look around the room, so tidy... She closed her eyes and nodded, smiling. "Both would be very helpful for me, I was given a tour when I first arrived but honestly it was sub-par and I was more determined to find help locating the moonstone." She rubbed the back of her head, looking at the papers on the desk "However you look rather busy at the moment, I wouldn't want to distract you from your work any more than I have." She nodded "I do feel very restricted while travelling on land... I feel as if I'm trapped."

Shandora

03-03-2013

Tybresa glances behind her at the sheets of paperwork strewn on her desk. She turns to look at Nami, smiling warmly as she dismissively waves her hand.

Ah, you do not have to worry about that - I am already ahead in the work quota anyway. Besides, I would always prioritize a champion in need that a pile of papers! she lets out a hearty chuckle, trying very hard to make Nami as comfortable as possible.

I am sorry to hear about your champion tour - I will make sure to see that the Steward who had you in his care will be sanctioned for his poor performance.

She extends her hand at Nami. I feel that the only way to make up for that is by offering to be your tour guide this time. she smiles sympathetically. I understand, it must be quite tiresome to keep that aquatic wave underneath you for long periods of movement ... I will consider coming up with an improvisation to make it more easier for you to travel, if you would wish...

Of course, your problems would be solved with the apparition of the Moonstone ... she lets out a small sigh. I talked to Ezreal about it, but he didn't have anything for me other than making me worry about him and Ryze on their underwater exploration. I am truly sorry, Nami - I do feel quite helpless. If it is any consolation, I will keep a keen eye out for anything I might find regarding this mystical stone.

Valorans Outlaw

03-03-2013

Miss Tybresa,

What do you fear most for going wrong, as a summoner?

-Jayce