Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you want this implemented in-game?

Yes 28 93.33%
No 2 6.67%
Voters 30 .

Skin Icons in-game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArbiterOfTruth

03-02-2013

I had this idea to use pictures of a skin's splash art for icons during a game. These icons would appear on the left of the screen and on the minimap. I was also thinking about the possibility of having these same icons show up during champ select. If I select Jayce, for example, and I have his Full Metal Jayce skin selected on the left where his usual icon would appear it would instead show the skin icon. I just had this idea and I would like the communities input on it.

Mapache McFly

03-04-2013

I've seen this suggestion before, and I agree with it. It'd give a nicer feeling to skin owners. However, it shouldn't be done on the minimap, since it could confuse players who aren't familiar with certain skins' splash arts.

ArbiterOfTruth

03-04-2013

I agree with the possible confusion but you also have the tab feature that would hopefully have the skin icons aswell withe the name of the champ.

Aarongeddon

03-04-2013

I've thought of this idea before but I would think it would cause confusion.

Dezcad

04-25-2013

Quote:
Hman745:
I had this idea to use pictures of a skin's splash art for icons during a game. These icons would appear on the left of the screen and on the minimap. I was also thinking about the possibility of having these same icons show up during champ select. If I select Jayce, for example, and I have his Full Metal Jayce skin selected on the left where his usual icon would appear it would instead show the skin icon. I just had this idea and I would like the communities input on it.

Hopefully they implement this. It would be a nice addition to the game.

SonofBeast

04-25-2013

I love this idea. I would prefer that by default the traditional skin is shown, with an option in menu to show skin icons. That way everyone is happy

Edac the third

09-28-2014

I totally wish this could happen. instead of a red light you see a purple eye for battle cast Vel'koz... it's just not right