March MCCC - Volryia, the Cleansing Strike.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeVentNoir

Senior Member

03-09-2013

I guess I better keep this bumped.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeVentNoir

Senior Member

03-16-2013

Still wishing for reviews in March MCCC


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeVentNoir

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Updated with champion stats.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeVentNoir

Senior Member

03-26-2013

No feedback on stats etc etc?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Varnoc

Senior Member

04-18-2013

It seems like Volryia scales more with defenses and mixed ap/ad stats, the flexability offered by her kit is intresting, allowing players to choose how they want to play, and i feel she would make a good bruiser.

Passive: Reasonable timers and useful all game, good all around ability.

Q: No complaints other than i feel this should also deal additional damage, even if it is minor, would be cool if it was a low % of current hp as magic damage

W: cut the maxiumum stacks in half and double the percentage, and i feel this would be a great overall ability

E: Good way to gain fury and W stacks, however the damage you could put out with this ability at low levels would be insane, i would suggest making it so that each strike does a % of normal damage (60-80%) to counteract this, so that it scales with items a bit better.

R: Sounds like a Pantheon ultimate with an AOE snare thrown on, lacks originality, but fits the champion. Only suggestion for this is to reduce the damage enemies take the further they are away from the center.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeVentNoir

Senior Member

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnoc View Post
It seems like Volryia scales more with defenses and mixed ap/ad stats, the flexability offered by her kit is intresting, allowing players to choose how they want to play, and i feel she would make a good bruiser.
I'd intended her to be much more of an AD melee carry, but can see how toning down offense for defense could work.

Quote:
Passive: Reasonable timers and useful all game, good all around ability.
Activated passives are always good, and simple CC is a nice effect.

Quote:
Q: No complaints other than i feel this should also deal additional damage, even if it is minor, would be cool if it was a low % of current hp as magic damage
I dislike %HP damage, but feel that minor damage could suit it.

Quote:
W: cut the maxiumum stacks in half and double the percentage, and i feel this would be a great overall ability
There was a requirement o have it stack to 21. >_>

Quote:
E: Good way to gain fury and W stacks, however the damage you could put out with this ability at low levels would be insane, i would suggest making it so that each strike does a % of normal damage (60-80%) to counteract this, so that it scales with items a bit better.
I agree that the damage needs to be toned down, and clarification put in that this does not proc on hit effects but does proc lifesteal.

Quote:
R: Sounds like a Pantheon ultimate with an AOE snare thrown on, lacks originality, but fits the champion. Only suggestion for this is to reduce the damage enemies take the further they are away from the center.
Given that it's only 400 wide already, it's hard enough to land. If you're away from the center, you're missed.

Thanks for the review, it's good feedback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizdeath

Member

04-18-2013

Looking at her W, I'd say change the requirements to gain a stack. Way too easy to max stacks early game, and if built right you would always have half stack late game (even if you were killed!). I'd honestly suggest gaining a stack on kill rather than hit. See Poppy's Paragon of Demacia (W) for example, its on doing or receiving damage, but disappears after 10s of inactivity.

In this case, a kill would be defined as a minion, monster, or champion kill.

It would still reward the player for playing well, but it would offer a built in way of keeping it from being too broken.

Another way to do this I hadn't considered would be using a longer cooldown to keep it reasonable, as well as not gaining stacks while on cooldown.

Not gaining stats on cooldown, and keeping cooldown 10s would probably be best though (6s with 40% cdr, plus an additional 5-20 to build up to max stacks, for a total of 11-26s).

That said, I like it, and I'd definitely play and jungle with her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeVentNoir

Senior Member

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizdeath View Post
Looking at her W, I'd say change the requirements to gain a stack. Way too easy to max stacks early game, and if built right you would always have half stack late game (even if you were killed!). I'd honestly suggest gaining a stack on kill rather than hit. See Poppy's Paragon of Demacia (W) for example, its on doing or receiving damage, but disappears after 10s of inactivity.

In this case, a kill would be defined as a minion, monster, or champion kill.

It would still reward the player for playing well, but it would offer a built in way of keeping it from being too broken.

Another way to do this I hadn't considered would be using a longer cooldown to keep it reasonable, as well as not gaining stacks while on cooldown.

Not gaining stats on cooldown, and keeping cooldown 10s would probably be best though (6s with 40% cdr, plus an additional 5-20 to build up to max stacks, for a total of 11-26s).

That said, I like it, and I'd definitely play and jungle with her.
I wanted it easy to get a stack with her, so that people wouldn't hesitate to activate it, to put even more snare in a dive / excape.

If it was kills, it'd be like a blood thirster, and you'd never activate the skill. I suppose I should have the stacks decay out of combat, so you're semi pressured to pop it before the fight ends.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meherok

Member

05-10-2013

It might just be because I'm not a pro at this kinda stuff, but I think her starting health is a little high for how much gain she gets.

Not that many champs start out with 550+ health, especially with over 100 gain. Only three champs get over 100 gain, and they're all supposed to be fairly hearty champs, (Alistar, Nunu, Sion,) and their base health isn't as high as Volryia's would be. The only champs that start with that much health and have ADC output in a similar build structure as Volryia would have would be Gangplank and Tryndamere. GP's health per level is significantly less, (only 81,) and while Trynd's per level is only 3 less, (98,) he lacks the trade capacity early game and it's necessary for him to have the health.

Volryia on the other hand has the ability to harass, (even if it is only with autos, -which, btw, does her E benefit from her Q's increased auto range?) and her E would allow her to have good trade output early. Since she has a built in CC, the range autos could almost promise the time necessary to close the gap in a trade to get her E off if it doesn't benefit from her Q in the first place, and the extra magic damage from the Q already gives her significantly extra output early. Bonus 30 is a lot early game. So my only concern is that she has too much base health on top of her health per level that might make her trading a bit too strong during laning phase.


123