New Mac Client Doesn't Fully work.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SEB federa

03-01-2013

Today (March 1st) I saw that League of Legends has released the new Mac version and I was really freaking happy. After about 30minutes - 1hour It was done downloading and I played it for a little bit and it was great, so I got off for around 2hours and when my friends wanted to get back on, I clicked League of Legends.app and it just started to download again, and there is more than one League of Legends app things on my computer for some reason, but all of them keep trying to re-download it. I've tried everything from my knowledge to try and fix this issue and I haven't found a solution, I'm not sure if other Mac users are having this issue, but I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out with this issue. It just wants to download it every time I click on the app. Please someone see if they can find a fix for this.

Sincerely,
SEB federa

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-01-2013

The process for installing a mac application packaged as a dmg file:

- Download a file called League of Legends NA.dmg
- Open the dmg file. You will see a window with a background of Ryze, a League of Legends.app file, and a link to your Applications folder.
- Drag the League of Legends.app file onto the Applications folder. (This copies the file to your Applications folder, installing it there.)
- After its done copying, hit cmd+e to eject the disk image.
- Navigate to your Applications folder, and run the game.

I suspect you ran the game from the dmg file at some point without first copying it. You're not supposed to do this, and I'm a little surprised the game doesn't have in place a warning if you attempt to do so. I have no idea where your "working" copy of league of legends is at the moment, but do the following:

- Perform the steps I outlined above
- Open a Finder window, and eject any League of Legends files you see there.

Omegaal

03-02-2013

it keeps saying that theres damaged logs. it gives me the choice to continue or send logs but when i choose one the loading freezes up and won't move even after 2 hours