Mac Book Air - Unspecified Error occurred

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

barles charkley

04-29-2013

I tried this and it still doesnt work. I already had league of legends in my app folder, i dragged it out and dragged it back in, double clicked it from the folder, and it says the same thing. halp

aso729

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2013

What you want to do is (for MAC client only)

1) go to APPLICATIONS folder

2) RIGHT-CLICK your league of legend application and select PACKAGE CONTENT

3) enter CONTENTS/LOL/RADS

4) your log files should be named like: rads_user_kernel.log, rads_user_kernel.log1, rads_user_kernel.log2

the number of log files you have depends on how many times you have failed to update ( I have 9 of them so it doesn't mean your computer is having greater problem than anyone else has if you have lots of log files)

if you are experiencing the unspecified error and stuck at 33% update, don't worry, you are not alone lol, we're all stuck and hopefully we can play tonight

barles charkley

04-29-2013

what do i do with these files? do i delete them?

NinaCupcakes

04-29-2013

I was JUST on and PLAYING League.... I logged out to go get something to eat , 10 minutes later I cannot get on. It is not working for me; opening from applications and so forth. I cannot get back on at all.

Intermarchei

04-29-2013

Same thing here.. Was just playing and then When I leave not a single clue what happened. Help pls

Kinue

04-29-2013

Originally Posted by Izfanx
Ok, I don't really know if this will help, but try you don't have to delete your whole 3 gigs of LoL in your mac. First, "show package contents" of your updated LoL client, and then to contents -> LOL -> System and see if there's and application called UserKernel. If it doesn't have that, that might be the source of the problem. Next, you should get a fresh copy of the Mac Client (Still don't delete the updated one), I suppose you can open the League of Legends.dmg and show packaged contents of fresh copy. Again, go to contents -> LOL -> System and just copy the UserKernel from the fresh copy to your updated client. It should work again.

Though I don't really know why it was deleted after the patching, since it was there before, hope these kind of bugs are fixed ASAP. Keep up the great work Riot.

---
I tried this and it worked! UserKernal file was already there though so I just deleted it and replaced it with a fresh one!

prettydagger

04-29-2013

Can you please past the Mac file paths or something, so I can find the file that needs to be replaced?

Kinue

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettydagger View Post
Can you please past the Mac file paths or something, so I can find the file that needs to be replaced?
Click on LoL > Show package contents > Contents > LOL > RADS > System & you'll see UserKernel

prettydagger

04-29-2013

actually nvm snooped and found it, THIS WORKED FOR ME. i left the original LoL app alone just in case

SwiftUnknown

04-29-2013

Can anyone confirm this worked?

I reinstalled first before looking up any forum data,

My result is I still had to manually add userkernel and all files under LOL> RADS> System.

I am stuck at 0% and reinstalling again for some reason keeps leaving those files out.

Anyone got something else to try?