Where is it stored?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voxr

03-01-2013

I started downloading the Mac client today and tried to put it on an external HD but it wasn't downloading to it. I've been trying to find the files on my main drive but I cant I know they're on my machine because I lost almost 2GB of HD space when I thought I was installing it to my external HD. It's not under applications since I tried to move it to my external drive and no changes to external HD have been made space wise. Does anyone know where the files are stored normally? I'm using 10.6.8 if that helps.

FubsyGamer

03-01-2013

I would press Option-Command-Space at the same time, then run a search for 'league' or something like that. That should point you to where the files are.

If you really really can't find them, you could download omni disksweeper, and have it scan your whole harddrive to find them.

Good luck!

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxr View Post
I started downloading the Mac client today and tried to put it on an external HD but it wasn't downloading to it. I've been trying to find the files on my main drive but I cant I know they're on my machine because I lost almost 2GB of HD space when I thought I was installing it to my external HD. It's not under applications since I tried to move it to my external drive and no changes to external HD have been made space wise. Does anyone know where the files are stored normally? I'm using 10.6.8 if that helps.
When you first download the client, you receive a file called League of Legends NA.dmg. This is a disk image containing the base application. Double clicking on this file mounts the disk image and opens up a finder window with a Ryze background, a League of Legends.app file, and a shortcut to your Applications folder.

The intent, as with most mac apps, is that you drag and drop the League of Legends.app onto the Applications folder shortcut, wait for it to finish copying, then hit cmd+e to eject the disk image. Then you go into your Applications folder and launch League of Legends from there. If you wish to have the game stored on an external drive, simply move the League of Legends.app file to your external drive, instead of the Applications folder.

When you launch the application, it will download the entire game, and it will take some time. When its done patching, you can play. The files it downloads are actually contained inside the League of Legends.app file. You can view them with a little effort, but its not necessary.

OG Bobby Johns0n

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
When you first download the client, you receive a file called League of Legends NA.dmg. This is a disk image containing the base application. Double clicking on this file mounts the disk image and opens up a finder window with a Ryze background, a League of Legends.app file, and a shortcut to your Applications folder.

The intent, as with most mac apps, is that you drag and drop the League of Legends.app onto the Applications folder shortcut, wait for it to finish copying, then hit cmd+e to eject the disk image. Then you go into your Applications folder and launch League of Legends from there. If you wish to have the game stored on an external drive, simply move the League of Legends.app file to your external drive, instead of the Applications folder.

When you launch the application, it will download the entire game, and it will take some time. When its done patching, you can play. The files it downloads are actually contained inside the League of Legends.app file. You can view them with a little effort, but its not necessary.
But if one wants to change the language, one has to go into the RADS folder, how can you find it within the mac?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-10-2013

All mac apps are actually folders in disguise. Find your League of Legends.app file, right click, Show package contents. You'll find your RADS folder inside.

Trent00Williams

05-01-2013

When the updater fails to copy the files, they are left in /private/var/tmp . This is a hidden directory so you may need to use finder Go->Go To folder menu item and enter the above path to find the directory. If you are brave you can enter rm /private/var/tmp/TMP* in a terminal to clean these files out.