Made of Paper Lunar Revel Contest Winners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eidal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

Disappointing. Not a single origami piece made it. Something like Armorbreak's creation on page 4 of this thread. An uncut, square, piece of paper.

What was the judging criteria? If it was technical difficulty, I would have voted for origami pieces. Most people can follow instructions on cutting for kirigami and pasting for papercraft, but far fewer can replicate a fold knowing the crease pattern. If judging was on creativity and aesthetics, then origami already falls short since you're limited to two colors (I'll give you different colored sides) and limited to the amount of protrusions in a creation from folding a single piece of paper.

And what's in the voting gallery for fan favorites? Creations made from printed paper and non-paper materials...

Intetion

03-02-2013

I'm agree with you mate )) and btw want to see my origami piece?

naruto one pece

03-02-2013

Nice! I like that Baron & Annie i think!!

But i think its missing something!!

I dont tell that!!

Cyberdragon0047

03-02-2013

Haven't really seen any riot posts in this thread yet. I already posted about my discontent regarding the voting, but I suppose I'll post again becuase I have little better to do.

<rant>

It irritates me that they refused to dq pieces that were obviously colored with paint or pastel after assembly, which I feel runs against the spirit(nothing but paper and glue) of the whole contest. Then there's the whole thing with image size that was previously brought up! A higher resolution image will obviously be a better representation of the project, so I feel this shortchanges the people who took the time to crop and resize their photos before submitting them. I also personally feel that some of the origami and papercraft projects posted here even look better than many of the ones in the gallery, let alone requisite of more personal skill.

However, what really puts me over the edge isn't the lack of disqualification, but the fact that it appears obvious that dozens, if not hundreds, of pieces were passed over for entry into what was supposed to be a gallery for Community Voting i.e. selection of favorite projects by members of the community, which insinuates that these projects were not to be pre-judged by Riot staff. At the very least this represents a blatant lack of clarity in the terms and rules regarding entry, where no sort of pre-assessment by staff was even suggested.

All I would like is an explanation from Riot. Even if it turns out that my piece was disqualified in some sort of pre-voting round of judging, I'd be placated just by virtue of knowing why it isn't up there. I will admit, I'm no excellent artist, and papercraft isn't really my thing. However It'd be nice to know that my submission was accepted and that the ones in the gallery were simply voted better by Riot staff.

</rant>

Seriously. Can we get some official word on this? Please?

Pedro LopeZz

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdragon0047 View Post
Haven't really seen any riot posts in this thread yet. I already posted about my discontent regarding the voting, but I suppose I'll post again becuase I have little better to do.

<rant>

It irritates me that they refused to dq pieces that were obviously colored with paint or pastel after assembly, which I feel runs against the spirit(nothing but paper and glue) of the whole contest. Then there's the whole thing with image size that was previously brought up! A higher resolution image will obviously be a better representation of the project, so I feel this shortchanges the people who took the time to crop and resize their photos before submitting them. I also personally feel that some of the origami and papercraft projects posted here even look better than many of the ones in the gallery, let alone requisite of more personal skill.

However, what really puts me over the edge isn't the lack of disqualification, but the fact that it appears obvious that dozens, if not hundreds, of pieces were passed over for entry into what was supposed to be a gallery for Community Voting i.e. selection of favorite projects by members of the community, which insinuates that these projects were not to be pre-judged by Riot staff. At the very least this represents a blatant lack of clarity in the terms and rules regarding entry, where no sort of pre-assessment by staff was even suggested.

All I would like is an explanation from Riot. Even if it turns out that my piece was disqualified in some sort of pre-voting round of judging, I'd be placated just by virtue of knowing why it isn't up there. I will admit, I'm no excellent artist, and papercraft isn't really my thing. However It'd be nice to know that my submission was accepted and that the ones in the gallery were simply voted better by Riot staff.

</rant>

Seriously. Can we get some official word on this? Please?
They're too busy judging the Digi Contest.... The "made of paper revel" contest was just swept under the rug.. it feels like they didn't give this contest that much attention and just wanted to get it over with. I feel its unfair for all those ppl who worked soo hard to create their piece. Gj to the top five tho,

Ptlw

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1c27158fc77ca8 View Post
Im so sure ill never enter these contests again :<

woah and why is my forum name so wacky
i would vote for yours

Ptlw

03-03-2013

The voting page is really unfair. It doesn't even show a tenth of all the submissions. A lot of the art in this forum is much better. What is the point of voting for the top 10 fan favourites when there is only about 20 to vote from?

77mg

03-03-2013

OMG CHO'GATH IS MY FAVORITE CHAMP!!! TofuWalrus you are now my best friend.

CrownDiaMond

03-03-2013

nice

Yimmura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

And the other contest still isn't done? It has been almost a month...Or did it just fall away, due to low turn out? (If it is can I get a link to see the art?)