Made of Paper Lunar Revel Contest Winners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asrai

Recruiter

03-01-2013

Why weren't some of these disqualified? People can't even follow the simplest rules. I see some that couldn't even put theirs in the resolution asked for (at least 5, including one of the grand prize winners), printed paper all over the place, not even primarily red and yellow/gold colored paper was used, as well as materials that are clearly not paper (i.e. Corki with the metal wires, Kog Maw with greeting cards bought from the store, Zyra just cut out from pre-designed paper, Xin Zhao just has a red background and a yellow border). I'm sure some of the legit entries would've been a lot better if they knew they could ignore all of the rules posted. I just hope people take this into consideration when voting. I believe Morbidal's Shyvana and Ey13's Annie should definitely win grand prize. They paid a lot of attention to detail and made theirs completely out of paper and adhesives only and in the 1024x768 resolution (as the rules clearly call for). They look great. Good luck guys!

Evarelia

03-01-2013

Gee, I wish Riot had answered some of the questions posted in the original thread about what sort of paprcrafts would be accepted. Many people asked if papercutting would would be allowed (since it wasn't listed among the acceptable art forms) and no answer was given, and then a paper cutting entry wins one of the grand prizes. -_-
Is not amused.

Woooloowoooloo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evarelia View Post
Gee, I wish Riot had answered some of the questions posted in the original thread about what sort of paprcrafts would be accepted. Many people asked if papercutting would would be allowed (since it wasn't listed among the acceptable art forms) and no answer was given, and then a paper cutting entry wins one of the grand prizes. -_-
Is not amused.
Well, kirigami was allowed as they stated (a quick google tells you what it is) and besides its paper art! They emphasized being creative and thinking out of the box. I saw alot of artwork in the community choice pics that were definitely awesome, but were directly copied from their character splash arts (Shinsoj's Xin Zhao, was SIIIICK AWESOME, but was a direct copy) These were probably docked points for that.

My Annie was definitely not the best, but like everyone else, I spent alot of time planning and knifing out layer by layer what I wanted the end result to look like in the spirit of the Lunar Revel Theme, and all in all I think thats what they were looking for.

Linkipunk

03-01-2013

Hey Riot, it is so har for you to use an image gallery??
see every single image in a new tab is annoying. :/

Take it, welcome: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/...ightbox-clone/

The Allegator

03-01-2013

Did I get dq'ed some how? And there are others that looks amazing, that didn't make it at all...Well there goes two weeks of work... I should have just printed out a template of a champ online and glued it together........

I made Elise in her Spider form

LucidFlux

03-01-2013

That one Zyra cut out looks a little bit photoshoped to me, the summoner name being in font gives it away.

Skychild

03-01-2013

wow that baron, and twitch that takes some amazing skill.. Congrats winners

LeSorcier

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1c27158fc77ca8 View Post
Im so sure ill never enter these contests again :<

woah and why is my forum name so wacky
I understand you there.. as a contestant too I have to say yours really looks great.
I can't believe some of them could even make it to the vote page since your work looks even better.

Here's mine

SpyderMight

Recruiter

03-01-2013

Amazing. They are all great. Annie is my favorite!

Intetion

03-02-2013

That's unfair ((( where is my origami , I spent so much time on it dam... I wasn't pretending to get to the top 5 (they're marvelous), but at least they could add it for voting >_< So disappointed