Smart Ping Is Here

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nero Aeolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
[aws3]news/March_2013/03_01_2013_-_smart_ping_announcement/Smart Ping_article banner_EN.jpg[/aws3]

Imagine this scenario: you’re playing as Ahri in mid lane and notice that your lane opponent, Malzahar, has gone missing. You quickly issue the Enemy Missing ping so your team can be on guard, followed up with a Danger ping alerting your teammate Twitch in bottom lane to the imminent threat. You issue an Assist Me ping near the jungle to set up for a counter-gank as Malzahar moves past the dragon pit. Twitch responds with an On My Way ping and moves into position, scoring an easy kill for your team, all without typing a single letter.
Well I would have typed "ggg" actually, lol. Invisible ink.

Dustin84848

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

sounds like a great addition

Mirror

03-01-2013

Hey rjcombo,

Did you guys consider switching the Danger / Assist Me ping directions? Danger seems way more intuitive to be the downward ping (pull down = "fall back!"), and Assist Me makes more sense in the opposite direction (push up = "press onward!").

Taliesin

03-01-2013

This! This I like.

BerserkShyGuy

03-01-2013

Oh man, that's pretty rad

Bergtau

03-01-2013

This system is unnecessary and people won't stop spamming XD

ShadowLing77777

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizuukun View Post
Pings should be saved in the chat-log too. Because more pinging means less verbal communication, so tribunal cases will be harder to review.

Yeah, but how do you insult someone with pings?

And even if you are "insulting someone" with a colored flashing light, how does the honest member of the tribunal interpret it as insulting or verbally harassing Behavior?

Spamming pings is reportable (as spamming)
So don't say That is how.

?? lol...

It would be a pointless addition that would provide more BS for the tribunal judges to Read

CondorLegend

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
Check your key bindings menu. You can assign individual hot keys to each ping.
The problem with this is that after I assigned G, V, Alt+LMB, Ctrl+LMB to each of the 4 different pings, I lose the ability to then do "target enemy" or "retreat teammate." Since the reassigned buttons will automatically drop the various pings.

In the old setup, I could use G and V not only to ping a general area, but also to tell a specific ally to retreat or target a specific enemy in a teamfight. This was in addition to using those pings for a generic area.

In the new setup, if I remap the hotkeys, I lose this ability. I only retain this ability if I don't remap.

Also, I think I'm having a bug where after remapping hotkeys, I need to disconnect and reconnect (or wait till next game) in order to be able to use LMB inside some interfaces like purchasing in shop or lvl up abilities.

Gruexmen

03-01-2013

los americanos ya no tienen excusas, ya no podrán culpar a latinos por "no hablar en ingles"

GaleWinUnleashed

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondorLegend View Post
The problem with this is that after I assigned G, V, Alt+LMB, Ctrl+LMB to each of the 4 different pings, I lose the ability to then do "target enemy" or "retreat teammate." Since the reassigned buttons will automatically drop the various pings.

In the old setup, I could use G and V not only to ping a general area, but also to tell a specific ally to retreat or target a specific enemy in a teamfight. This was in addition to using those pings for a generic area.

In the new setup, if I remap the hotkeys, I lose this ability. I only retain this ability if I don't remap.

Also, I think I'm having a bug where after remapping hotkeys, I need to disconnect and reconnect (or wait till next game) in order to be able to use LMB inside some interfaces like purchasing in shop or lvl up abilities.
I have a simple solution for you: learn the radial commands! They're amazingly simple to use, it just takes a bit of adjustment first (a game or two was enough for me).