Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Smart Ping Is Here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodie

03-01-2013

Poppy its a sign!!!! The new poppy era is upon us summoners!

Robotiny

03-01-2013

VERY awesome riot! This was a GREAT idea!

Mayhem Man

03-01-2013

Sooo we don't have to CALL mias anymore, or should we still call and ping it?

OmniCC

03-01-2013

Didn't read all of the comments but, is there a keyboard shortcut for all of those ping functions?
Clicking to find the right mark makes you lose APS I suppose.

The Pot Bandit

03-01-2013

How bout fixing Malzahars ult bug so there's actually a likely scenario in your example?

eRocK304

03-01-2013

Going to test these now =]

GMSpot

03-01-2013

More Rage Noobs going to say you didn't use "on my way" ping on me jungler i didn't know you were comming. sighh

Swinchbeast

03-01-2013

I've been reading the reactions and I've found a common theme for those who dislike the new system. I have a solution.

People are saying that it is too slow or too complicated.

Press ESC and go to your Key Bindings. Scroll down and notice that there are 4 new slots for the 4 new pings. Associate each ping with a memorable key. For instance, M is bound to the "Missing Opponent". Now when I call an MIA all I gotta do is point and press M. Done.

My other bindings:

A -> Assistance
C-> Danger (Careful)
O-> On My Way

Enjoy the faster pings and the more efficient system. Thanks Riot.

Thorck

03-01-2013

Quote:
Aizuukun:
Pings should be saved in the chat-log too. Because more pinging means less verbal communication, so tribunal cases will be harder to review.

Agree, same with a some of wards counter and time stamp on chat-log so u cant be blamed for "not ward enough" and real no-warders trolls cant buy 12371273 wards when game is ending

PsychoPJ

03-01-2013

Great feature. But the radial needs to be way more responsive. I have to drag the cursor almost half the screen to pick the choice that I want. I had to have the more immediately important pings bind to a key.