Smart Ping Is Here

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meet Chaos

03-01-2013

Oo, I like

SommerTime

03-01-2013

I think there should be a button on the keyboard to access each of the four pings. But otherwise, this is an awesome idea!

RichardMcNixon

03-01-2013

How about a focus target ping? None of these seem exclusive to the role - i foresee issues with people using the danger ping to call for focus whereas other people will avoid that person when the danger ping shows up, and the assist me ping just doesn't scream "attack this person" to me. I don't know - maybe it'll work better in the game than it does in my head. There's likely to still be confusion at times, but this will def. help to iron out the kinks. Thank you, Riot!

SommerTime

03-01-2013

I think there should be a button on the keyboard to access each of the four pings. But otherwise, this is an awesome idea!

UnknownRandom

03-01-2013

lol, i was wondering what all those wierd sounds and icons were.

Sorry you died, ezreal I had no idea

SSSilhouette

03-01-2013

Smart ideas + dumb people = confusion*pandemonium

Reck1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

They just keep adding bells & whistles onto this game instead of addressing the true issue at hand; trolls, ragers, and AFKers.

Knigrowedamus

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void2258 View Post
Individual buttons for the pings would have been better. Z, C and X were open (the commands that are there right now do not need to be in such a vital location, they can be moved elsewhere), so it could have been: missing Z, OMW X, danger V, assist me C and now we don't need the radial AND all the communication is on the same line as abilities so you can easily shift by feel.

EDIT: I consider the Q, W, E, R and T columns on the keyboard to be the important areas since they are what you can get to without breaking you finger positioning. To hit any key to the right of those columns requires leaving and coming back to position, which in desperate conditions leads to things like opening the scoreboard instead of Q or hitting E instead of R because you missed a little (keep in mind that on most keyboards only the F and J keys have tactile markings). So any non-essential/disadvantageous-to-hit-accidentally keys (chat log, lock window hotkey, turn off healthbars) should be to the right of that column, while important things (pings, movement commands) should be inside that grouping.

Also for people like me who use ergonomics keyboards the split is there, so anything past the T column is "over there" (I have my 6th item slot bound to 'T' so I don't have to reach over to get to the 6 button).

the regular ping buttons are still in effects. the only thing that has changed, is that you hold own the mouse button and flick the cursor, up ,left,down, or right for the ping you want. it cant get any easier than that.

nosthertus

03-01-2013

why not setting the hotkey option on binding settings?.. i was thinking to use the smart cast by clicking the [MB3] buttoon

Dragnovox

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reck1ess View Post
They just keep adding bells & whistles onto this game instead of addressing the true issue at hand; trolls, ragers, and AFKers.
Actually, if you read what they are doing on the PBE atm they are doing just that.