@Phreak Quinn Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pentaRifts

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
There were actually a couple of snags that set us back on this one, unfortunately.

The first is that LCS takes up a lot of my time, so I'm not able to come back in for last-minute changes nearly as much as I was before. This is something we're looking to fix, but is a problem right now.

Second, we made a couple of small errors choosing clips to portray: I actually recorded Vault going over a wall during the introductory "Ability Demos" section, but failed to include it in the final video. That one's my fault, I should have been watching more closely and made sure that went in.

The third one is actually really unfortunate as we had two different awesome team fights to show.

In one, Hecarim dives in, and QV Vaults away, puts a bunch of damage, and makes him run. QV pops ult, follows him around the side jungle (near Blue's Golem) and takes him out in bird form. This places QV right behind the enemy Lux and gets another assassination, making a 4-1 fight.

The other is basically the inverse. QV dives in with their ultimate too early and is immediately forced to Flash out, showing that the ult is more of an assassination move than an "it's a team fight just press it" ability.

The reason they got cut was because we were playtesting QV at the same time as an upcoming champion rework (Visual? Gameplay? Both? Who knows?! ) that we had planned to reveal by now, but aren't ready to just yet.

I definitely feel your concern, though. I loved how those fights looked and they had some great information in them.
^

DrammaLamma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

That is exactly how I saw this spotlight..

WTF no teamfight?

WTF no cool plays?

Lame spotlight is lame...

MadridFC

02-28-2013

Quote:
There were actually a couple of snags that set us back on this one, unfortunately.

The first is that LCS takes up a lot of my time, so I'm not able to come back in for last-minute changes nearly as much as I was before. This is something we're looking to fix, but is a problem right now.

Second, we made a couple of small errors choosing clips to portray: I actually recorded Vault going over a wall during the introductory "Ability Demos" section, but failed to include it in the final video. That one's my fault, I should have been watching more closely and made sure that went in.

The third one is actually really unfortunate as we had two different awesome team fights to show.

In one, Hecarim dives in, and QV Vaults away, puts a bunch of damage, and makes him run. QV pops ult, follows him around the side jungle (near Blue's Golem) and takes him out in bird form. This places QV right behind the enemy Lux and gets another assassination, making a 4-1 fight.

The other is basically the inverse. QV dives in with their ultimate too early and is immediately forced to Flash out, showing that the ult is more of an assassination move than an "it's a team fight just press it" ability.

The reason they got cut was because we were playtesting QV at the same time as an upcoming champion rework (Visual? Gameplay? Both? Who knows?! ) that we had planned to reveal by now, but aren't ready to just yet.

I definitely feel your concern, though. I loved how those fights looked and they had some great information in them.

Edit: And the OP is deserving of upvotes. You should definitely call me out if Spotlights aren't up to the quality you expect. Sorry we missed this one for you.
Dont worry chear up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7qXVB0UtnI
We are sure you will do tons of damage on the next one.

Aavak

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyb3 View Post
Not to disagree, but thats like saying every ADC with an atk speed steroid is better with BC instead of LW. (To be clear, I purely mean the att speed steroid, not other parts of their kit. Graves still benefits well from BC due to his abilities).
What I meant was more directed at her passive making up for lost attack speed from opting to get Trinity Force over PD for the massive extra burst, and the CDR from BC making trinity force more viable. The health from BC is also particularly good when considering QV's low attack range.

EDIT: The full build that I have been testing on the beta server is: Berserker's Greaves, Trinity Force, Infinity Edge, The Bloodthirster, The Black Cleaver, Frozen Mallet. It gives tons of burst, and a good amount of health and kiting ability. She can be a monster in teamfights with this build and is what I will be using (and possibly streaming) on her.

Éloquence

02-28-2013

Quote:
Second, we made a couple of small errors choosing clips to portray: I actually recorded Vault going over a wall during the introductory "Ability Demos" section, but failed to include it in the final video.
Aww booo! :P
I recall a red posting in a thread saying it would be incredibly difficult to use her vault to project her over a wall; and at first I misread that as you DID have that in the vidja and quickly re-watched it to no avail.
Needless to say, I was sad. :<
You guys should do a blooper reel! xD

Spitsonpuppies

02-28-2013

Well, it might not have been up to Riot's typical standards but I still learned as much as I needed to. Also, it's great just to hear Phreak's voice again doing spotlights, the other guy's voice was just... too not phreak's

LBX Tonyb3

02-28-2013

Quote:

Edit: And the OP is deserving of upvotes. You should definitely call me out if Spotlights aren't up to the quality you expect. Sorry we missed this one for you.
Awesome, I actually got a reply from you!

Well its cool to know that those gameplay footages DO exist and that it was just an error that they weren't included.

As far as this champion rework goes. I have 3 questions.

Does the champions name rhyme with Larma?
Does the champions name rhyme with Limerdinger?
You mentioned this rework was planned on being out by now. Is this soon? Or soon TM?

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Quote:
Oh man, a rework.

Jaghut Tyrant

02-28-2013

Will Quinn be coming out tonight/tomorrow morning?

The Sherminator

02-28-2013

Quote:

This is what makes Riot awesome. It's employees reach out to the playerbase and also take criticism construcively. Keep up the good work.