Good opening buy for AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hezron

02-28-2013

What are good starting items on an AP. I've been starting Boots Dorans or health ruby and flask.

Demacry

02-28-2013

(imo) Dorans are terrible purchases for solo que, they really only pay off if youre gonna go balls deep with your team in coordination.

A good start for AP is how likely you think the chances are that you'll take some early poke.

If chances are good I'd say go for the ruby, if you think you can kite and counter poke safely then go for tome. Either way Haunting Guise should be an early part of your build for the survivability and damage amplification it offers.

QQles

02-28-2013

I dont see point of starting with boots any more, im running dorans+flask on nearly every ap atm

BaBeeQ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

I like luckypick and 2 helth pots or ruby crystal flask

PurpleURP

03-01-2013

boots+tome+1 hp pot works if you need the early move speed

SonsofaBastages

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezron08 View Post
What are good starting items on an AP. I've been starting Boots Dorans or health ruby and flask.
which AP?
some need boots, some need hp, some can just stack books.

XSparkleFistX

03-03-2013

If I play a long ranged poker, like Lux, I take Kage's. 25 AP is nice and the +4 per 10 doesn't hurt. I normally take codex, but since they removed the mana regen from it, it's not worth a first buy anymore.