Janna Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phaxen

10-30-2010

Okay guys so I am level 18 and I just want to win games so I can get to level 20 and use my runes.I decided that I will use Janna since she is an awesome champion and stuff.So can I have some tips and item builds about her?

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

My (usual) Janna build:

Aegis
Mejai's
Soul Shroud
Banshee's
After that, it's either another tank/HP/CDR item (Randiun's or Shureliyas) or a straight AP item (Abyssal or Ring).

Your job is to disrupt the other team as much as possible while keeping your main physical damage dealer shielded. Peel off enemies that are going after your squishies with your slow, use your Q to help in CC chains, and ulti when things are getting rough or you need to disrupt a channel.

Once the fight starts coming to a close, use your slow (which has a fairly low CD), your high natural MS, and Q to chase down enemies and give your teammates time to catch up to finish them off.

Tips:

- Don't pump levels into Q during early game. Not only is it easy to dodge but it kills your mana. One is enough just so you can get your combo off. Q is a great farming tool but both E and W will allow you to completely control/shut down a lane.
- You're far better baby sitting a carry in the side lane rather than taking mid. Granted, Janna can be an excellent mid with a competent player and a decent match up.

Phaxen

10-30-2010

@Ozy

Is it better to get full AP items to make my shield stronger or should I just get support items?

Necks

10-30-2010

Honestly I wouldn't play Janna at those levels. She's extremely team reliant, and frankly, people are just so d'amn ret'arded at low levels for support champions to be effective.

If you insist on playing support, I recommend Sona because not only is she a very strong support, but she can carry the team if necessary. If you're teamed with a bunch of ret'arded f'aggots, at least with Sona you have the comfort of knowing that you can pick up the slack and win the game for your team.

Gunkuu

10-30-2010

Run cleanse to make AoE spam teams (especially Galio) cry.

Gotta have a nice trigger finger. D>R instantly if you think it's a good time to counter them.

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPhaxen View Post
@Ozy

Is it better to get full AP items to make my shield stronger or should I just get support items?
You'll have tons of Mejai's stacks if you're playing correctly. Those stacks should be enough AP till things start getting to late game.

Your shield is definitely nice but I feel the aura stacking goes a lot farther for the team as a whole than a couple hundred more damage absorbed by your shield on a single teammate.

Skorp

Recruiter

10-30-2010

I play her as pure support - I posted a mini guide at the bottom of http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=310704&page=3

Schokcha

10-31-2010

You shouldn't need tank items. Janna's greatest asset is her mobility; strictly speaking, when you get into a position where tanking items would benefit you, you're doing it wrong. But in the end it comes down to how good you can position yourself. If you get into tight spots often, survivability can't hurt.
The occasional Banhees isn't bad in any case, depending on the opposing team.

Core items:
- Some mana regeneration depending on your needs (Chalice works, Tear into Archangels would be fine, too)
- Boots (Sorcerer's, Mercury or Swiftness, depending on their team)
- Mejais (easy stacking from assists as was already pointed out)
- Zhonyas (awesome active and AP)

If things are going bad, get some survivability/utility before Zhonyas. In good games (i.e. they can't catch you) you should stick to the AP route. Note that stacking AP also boosts your survivability by making your shield and heal more potent.

As for runes and masteries, go with the standard caster setup:
- Red: MPen (not that Janna does much damage, but every bit helps)
- Yellow: MP5/lvl
- Blue: CDR (flat or scaling according to preference)
- Quints: The almighty flat health quints.
Masteries should be 9/0/21 once you reach lvl30. Before that, I would favor the utility tree on Janna.