Is Jarvan worth it to play as a tank with like maybe with some dmg items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AziJin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

Is it worth it to just build tank according to enemy and get last whispers etc.

myassyourface

04-23-2011

I build jarvan warmogs/merc treads/atma's impaler or banshee's veil whichever is needed more. Next item is one or the other depending on which one you got first. My core three items are the warmogs/boots/atma's. If you're in one of those games that's just going on forever then I usually will get a Frozen mallot or sunfire. Again whichever is needed more.

People will say its impossible to get all those items, but its not really at all Jarv is great at farming and even better at getting kills even for a tanky build.

malphismia

04-23-2011

I think that's how he's mainly built. He's the epitome of tanky DPS, imo.

Dracocide

04-24-2011

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Jarva...00000&level=18

Merc Treds, Warmogs, Atma's, Frozen Mallet. Is what I normall do. Then I start working on either Sunfire or Banshee's. If the game drags on I'll get a Black Cleaver.

If you already have a Tank or someone else that's absorbing all the damage, you can get the Black Cleaver first and start wrecking. Also, substitute a Last Whisper for the Black Cleaver if they're stacking armor.

Also, I've been running Arp marks, flat Mres glyphs, Flat armor seals and flat health quints. I'll be changing the armor seals to dodge seals though.

With a 1/21/8 masteries with Exhaust/Ghost. Teleport, Flash and even Fortify are also pretty cool. Sometimes I'll run Tele/Fort and defend like crazy. It can really improve your chance of not losing.

Lizto

04-24-2011

I have only played a few games with jarvan as Ive only bought him recently. However Ive had great tanking success rushing mallet and treds, then get warmogs, then atmas, getting negratron cloak somewhere in the way depending on how badly I feel like I need it. Ive never really gotten any further but Id definitely get a banshees followed by Infinity Edge. Youll see this build includes 2 attacking items, but they give you like 180 AD(for a total of 300 or so) and 43% crit, so unlike a pure tank wholl be a bit tankier than you, you can actually hurt the carry, and hurt him bad (In theory, I havent yet played a game long enough to actuall try it, but 45% crit with IE and 300 AD seems like pretty solid damage to me).

So yeah, that build is more like tanky DPS, but Ive been able to protect my team fairly well and absorbing tons of damage. Around 150 armor, 150 mr and 5k hp.

With very little damage output I wouldnt get last whisper, with just atmas I wouldnt get it, seems too little damage to me and that increasing your AD (and crit and crit damage with IE) would be more beneficial, especially to people that didnt stack armour, cause not EVERYONE does, especially carries.

Analu

04-24-2011

Jarvan's normally played as tanky DPS, but he's a fine maintank if the opponents don't have very many ways of escaping your ult.

Kroghar

04-24-2011

Jarvan's definitely a pretty aggressive champ that works good initiating, you definitely want to build him tanky. How tanky you want to go is up to you and your team comp, but I'd at least recommend a Banshee's and a Sunfire or something.

I usually kick him off with a Brutalizer and upgrade it to Ghostblade once I get some extra health. You can almost get by with just that for damage, as long as your team has enough damage output.

Booterang

04-24-2011

hes a great tanky dps. More tank then he is dps though. His damage is high to start, but doesn't scale very well.

ironblades

04-24-2011

Ghost blade And tanky items last slot can be atmas, if surving well enough

Pastrytime

04-25-2011

I never have time for anything other than tanks items and I don't have dmg problems. Pretty much what Booterang said. Frozen Mallet is the nutters butters though.