Getting 1 LP at Top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drisco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Why am I only getting 1 LP at 96 LP? Pre this new League System, I would be over 1500. Now I have to win 3 more matches to get to qualifier and then win 3/5 to get to gold?

By the time I get there I would have been 1560ish. I dont' understand this new League system at all. Especially since my Top rating before this change was 1630ish and now I'm in Silver I, and not gaining any LP.

DUNKMASTER Yl

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
Why am I only getting 1 LP at 96 LP? Pre this new League System, I would be over 1500. Now I have to win 3 more matches to get to qualifier and then win 3/5 to get to gold?

By the time I get there I would have been 1560ish. I dont' understand this new League system at all. Especially since my Top rating before this change was 1630ish and now I'm in Silver I, and not gaining any LP.
QQ

Major Jae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Padagi

02-28-2013

Because in the old system you'd be ~1450 or so right now.

Shadeykris

02-28-2013

LP gain / loss is based on... well it compares your League placement with your hidden matchmaking rating (MMR, formerly Elo). So your Elo is still there, the same as before. If your Elo/MMR is higher than your League, it tries to move you up faster (more points). If its lower, you get clamped (less points). At Promotion points, you also usually get clamped. This is bc once you get it, you get it FOREVER, so it's testing you to make sure you deserve it.

Some threads for ref, and more to do with LP gain/loss:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3084419

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3081991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaen View Post

So, just for my clarification when I try to explain this.

If your MMR is approximately equal your league placement, you should be seeing similar LP gain/losses (Other then the tier clamping) per game.

If your MMR is higher then your league placement, you should be seeing large win values, smaller loss values, as its trying to move you up.

If your MMR is lower then your league placement, you should be seeing low win values, high loss values, as its trying to move you down.

Roughly speaking, that is, I know there are conditions on division/tier steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydion View Post
This is roughly correct. And based on my experience the clamping is minimal if your MMR is approximately equal to your league placement, as I gained 15 LP from 85 LP after hovering around 90 LP. I'll let Yegg handle the specifics though.
As long as you win more than you lose, your MMR will go up. As long as your MMR goes up, eventually you will be able to go up in Leagues. Bc if your MMR gets ahead of your LP, the system will give you bigger gains to help you get there.

You are getting low LP either because of the promotion coming up (which will go away if you keep winning more than losing), or because your MMR is lower than your LP, and the system wants to move you down.

Drisco

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
LP gain / loss is based on... well it compares your League placement with your hidden matchmaking rating (MMR, formerly Elo). So your Elo is still there, the same as before. If your Elo/MMR is higher than your League, it tries to move you up faster (more points). If its lower, you get clamped (less points). At Promotion points, you also usually get clamped. This is bc once you get it, you get it FOREVER, so it's testing you to make sure you deserve it.

Some threads for ref, and more to do with LP gain/loss:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3084419

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3081991

As long as you win more than you lose, your MMR will go up. As long as your MMR goes up, eventually you will be able to go up in Leagues. Bc if your MMR gets ahead of your LP, the system will give you bigger gains to help you get there.

You are getting low LP either because of the promotion coming up (which will go away if you keep winning more than losing), or because your MMR is lower than your LP, and the system wants to move you down.
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Very helpful.