[Discussion] Playing Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

walras

12-04-2009

If you want to play malphite as a jungler you don't need Glacial shroud nor frozen heart, you will get the aura. Also I don't like to get Warmogs even for malphite's passive, I prefer getting some Health from items like banshee or frozen mallet.

Also In my experience farming I get 1 sunfury only if it's early-mid in the game, if its not there are more useful items with armor. You will do just fine with aura+ground slam.

Also his passive is gonna help you early and mid game, late game group fights are probably gonna end before your shield is up again. That's why I usually buy my Health items when I'm laning or farming early and NOT stack Health.

GNOY

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holepuncher View Post
A common build I used to use was:

Catalyst
Mercury Treads
Aegis
Frozen Heart
Banshee Veil
Guardian Angel

However, since the addition of leviathan and the nerf to catalyst and aegis, im trying new things
This one is build used in most high ELO games. If you play tank Malphite for your team, this is pretty much what you should build. Though, I prefer to finish Banshee first after Aegis and Mercury, and I rarely get Guardian or Heart (game ends usually at the moment).

Vordrax

12-05-2009

Thanks for the advice guys! The mistake I was making was I was blowing charge to initiate. I started using it more to save allies and prevent escapes. Also took more armor and MR. I'm still not very good but at least I'm not worthless to my team as Malphite.

Fexii

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
This one is build used in most high ELO games. If you play tank Malphite for your team, this is pretty much what you should build. Though, I prefer to finish Banshee first after Aegis and Mercury, and I rarely get Guardian or Heart (game ends usually at the moment).
Is this build still good after the catalyst and aegis nerfs?

GNOY

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fexii View Post
Is this build still good after the catalyst and aegis nerfs?
Aegis is aegis. Banshee is banshee. One Aegis for team on support or tank is a good choice regardless who you up against. And Banshee is good vs CC intensive team. Those nerfs wasnt really hard also, while Aegis in fact got a slight buff to dmg aura and HP amount aswell.