@Lyte - Remove normals, add draft normals?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

3's used to have draft normals. I understand it was removed because it was splitting the community. You guys have all the metrics, we don't.

Is there a possibility of making it so 3s ONLY has draft normals, and ranked? Even if you're not willing to add solo-queue, I think that would increase the mode's viability.

I say this with full knowledge that I'll never be able to play singed again in 3s, and I love him.

Random casual players won't play ranked 3s as premade teams. I'm sure everyone knows this. So that just leaves normals, and they're burdened with Singed/Darius/Olaf games. Which aren't a lot of fun, and mean that you have to make similar comps to be competitive.

3s games are fun. But as long as its limited to non-draft normals, and ranked-teams, the population is AND WILL REMAIN small.

TLDR - Draft normals pls? Even if it means removing non-draft normals, to avoid splitting the market.

Also - PLEASE let us have soloqueue ranked?

metere

02-27-2013

I've been pushing 4-5 ban draft picks for threes and solo ques
(3 is better than none but 4-5 is even better imo) I fully support this. Riot was thinking about/considering adding a large ban draft for aram, so they could easily do it for threes imo. We just need riot to see this. its even better than nerfing the **** out of diana trynd and so on, simply because they are OP in threes but not fives,
Adding draft especially 4-5 bans can help with the singed darius olaf, fiora sion morg, darius yi, diana etc combos

metere

02-28-2013

bump

Boo

02-28-2013

you realize then it'd be impossible for lower level players to play then? lol... you would need to own 6 champions (not counting free week champions) just to be able to play. which would absolutely kill the population

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Would it? Riot would know, we wouldn't. Honestly, how much of a continuous influx of new players do they really have? I assume by now they're mostly trying to KEEP the dominant position, rather than grow the playerbase.

It takes no time at all to unlock a half dozen champs. I would guess (made up statistic) 90%+ of all semi-active players have 6 unlocked champs. In non-ranked, you are already allowed to count free-weekers as part of your "stable" to be eligible to play draft.

There is a HUGE population of SR players. We need to convince them to try - and enjoy - 3s. Eliminating some <lvl10s doesn't seem like a huge detriment, considering the upside.