@Riot The skill range in Bronze needs to be reconciled.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atzero

12-15-2013

There is an utterly massive skill differential within Bronze league, that is too big to ignore. You all know what I am talking about. There are people within bronze with decent mechanics, and poor decision making. There are people with decent decision making, and poor mechanics. Then there are people who have no idea what the **** is going on, no idea how to play their champion, utter ****-tier mechanics, and zero decision making skills. Again, you all know what I am talking about. "FIRST TIME VARUS, PLZ DONT REPORT", who proceeds to go 0/11/2 with 55 cs by 35 minutes, to the other adc who goes 14/5/8 with 220 cs.

I am not claiming to be good at this game. I am not. I am in Bronze for a reason. But I do know this: I am better than the bottom half of Bronze.

Bottom line: There needs to be another league created above or below bronze, because the skill range is far to wide for competitive gameplay.

Before anyone tells me to carry myself out, yeah I would love to. One problem, Im not a gold level player, or above. I cant analyze my replays, I cant really learn my from mistakes until im sitting at respawn. The average team fight lasts all of 5 seconds. I cant replay it in my head. Im not a good player. All I am saying is I know that I should focus the ADC, get dragon when no one is around to contest it, prioritize cs, etc, which is a massively far cry from some of the rabble in Bronze.

Edit: Red Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
(Warning: not my dept, but I have some thoughts to share as a designer)

I tend to agree with the problem "Bronze is too big a bucket." Generally speaking, you want divisions and brackets to capture certain bands of players; when there's too many or they're too small, they become incomprehensible, but when there's too many people in one, it robs the division of meaning.

It's also why Bronze has such a wide discrepancy of skill between players in the division - some are legitimately struggling Ranked players that have a lack of certain core LoL proficiencies (last hitting, map awareness, etc), while others are simply less experienced or consistent players that have at least a general competence in most core skills.

I actually think I miss "Unranked" being a thing you could be, personally. Unranked is the nicest way of saying "yeah, you're not doing very well!" without extending that feeling to a majority of the League playerbase! Whatever the bottom League is feels bad, whether you're in Bronze V or Bronze I.

So, in short, I agree - I'd love to see greater granularity in the bottom of the ladder to give some additional skill division and more chances to achieve a goal for more players. I'll ask the team about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiczi View Post
We need a new cardboard league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Stray View Post
You should have to earn Bronze. There should be an unranked division beneath it.
TL;DR: There is a big difference between "God ****ing awful", and "You have a lot of work to do". One is interested in improving, but doesn't know how, the other isnt interested at all.

Lulu Our Goddess

12-15-2013

lol that's just an excuse people give when they can't carry themselves.

disable all chat, play with unlocked camera and play your favorite champ, bam, now you're bronze IV

Alphard

12-15-2013

nope all bronzies are bad, the actual good ones in MY definition usually get to gold naturally pretty quickly.

Atzero

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabi Doll View Post
nope all bronzies are bad, the actual good ones in MY definition usually get to gold naturally pretty quickly.
I never claimed anyone in bronze was good. I claimed that there are people in bronze who are much, much better than people who should be in the bottom half of bronze.

shizam0ngler

12-15-2013

no i agree completely w/ OP..

everyone in Bronze league is retarded and feeds. then they all fight in the champion select because they wanted that lane and then we get auto lockers and trolls. Bronze League is the biggest pain in my ass. i've lost basically every game i've lost in ranked b/c of trolls, afk, auto lock, and just plain dumb asses.

It's completely frustrating especially when i feel that I'm pretty good at the game and i could definitely be in Silver V if they would just ban all the idiot trolls tbh. the tribunal needs to be so much harsher on those kind of players.

Hiczi

12-15-2013

+1

Snakeboy1

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizam0ngler View Post
no i agree completely w/ OP..

everyone in Bronze league is retarded and feeds. then they all fight in the champion select because they wanted that lane and then we get auto lockers and trolls. Bronze League is the biggest pain in my ass. i've lost basically every game i've lost in ranked b/c of trolls, afk, auto lock, and just plain dumb asses.
including u since ur bronze aswell

Howling Stray

12-15-2013

You should have to earn Bronze. There should be an unranked division beneath it.

Atzero

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiczi View Post

+1
I was thinking something a little less harsh like Copper, but this works too lol.

Atzero

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Stray View Post
I actually like this idea quite a lot.

1234511 ... 33