I don't know if this has been suggested yet or not

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wazpinat0r

02-27-2013

But in WoW, you can choose what position you want to and are willing to play. Can we add this as part of the queueing process?

Like when you click that you want to queue, a popup: Which position are you willing to play?

[]Top
[]Mid
[]Jungle
[]Bottom
[]Support
[]Any

This way the selection could support any meta. I have no idea if this would be a valid thing to do or not, but you could queue teams based on what positions they are willing to play. Make this selection show up in champion select, so if someone trolls using the system, they are subject to a report. I don't know. It's just something I thought may have some merit.

th3chosenone

02-27-2013

it has been suggested hundreds of times and so have the problems. Everyone would que for Top or Mid (not literally) and they would have way longer ques. People would start complaing and/or que as support then "change their mind" in champ select.

Silver Flask

02-27-2013

This is LoL, not WoW.

wazpinat0r

02-27-2013

Then they would *gasp* need to learn different roles? And the changing your mind thing was addressed by your selection being shown in champion select. If you queue for a role, you better be ready to play it, or don't queue at all. Otherwise, why not just play normals?

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-27-2013

Seven hundred billion times it's been suggested.

It would lengthen queues substantially(think non-tank queues for 5mans, non-healer queues for LFR), it would basically be riot enforcing a meta, and it would encourage players to specialize instead of learning new roles.

wazpinat0r

02-27-2013

You act like players don't do this in the first place. Anyway, it's already been suggested, and apparently it's not an option, so just ignore this post. As I said, was just an idea I had and didn't want to search an ocean of turds for a piece of corn.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazpinat0r View Post
You act like players don't do this in the first place. Anyway, it's already been suggested, and apparently it's not an option, so just ignore this post. As I said, was just an idea I had and didn't want to search an ocean of turds for a piece of corn.
Players make longer queue times?

Players "enforce" a current meta, yes, but they enforced a dozen other metas over the last 3 years as well until it switched.

rndcl

02-27-2013

No thanks.

YUNOWARDS

02-27-2013

Role queueing isnt the answer. What we need is more time to chat in champ select as well as more information such as a role preference display (Solo, Mid, Jungle, and Duo lane so as not to enforce the meta to hard) that shows champs most played in that role as well as champs the player is looking to play/can play. This helps remove confusion while giving people an idea what everyone is capable of.

Elfoten

02-27-2013

If you know to read at brazilian portuguese, here's my post for it

http://br.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=29515