veigar questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drivec

12-03-2009

ok so i love playing veigar and his damage vs other casters can really surprise the other team.

but i have a few questions.

right now playing with no runes and iam lvl 9.

in beta i could easyly stack ap runes and ap items and do massive amounts of damage.

now few items have changed i dont have any runes stuff cost more so it takes more to get more ap.

i just always feel really squishy like super. so i been toying with the way i play.

now i almost play veigar like support caster and focus on his aoe stun.

i always start off with baneful and at lvl 2 get his stun(event horrizon.

i completely ignore dark matter while lvling. i feel like i can do more dps with his baneful.

i sorta go for mana regen mana and hp before ap. items to make me more mobile and harder to gank or corner.

by doing this i get really fast casting of first spell and my stun last alot longer and less cooldown since i focus on it more.

any opinions

i still dont have a set item build since it changes depending on what i am facing but i like boots of swift ness over the other boots most of the time.

GodwinGrech

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivec View Post
there are no questions in your post, so ill assume you want some feedback. I wouldnt count on his stun anymore as cleanse is so popular their team will just walk through it. So you are going to need magic penetration runes in order to kill them before they escape

drivec

12-03-2009

yes thank you was wanting feed back really.

but i never had problem with ppl stacking mr.

mainly just ppl stacking massive amounts of hp.

its true lots of ppl are useing clense.

Xaphan

12-03-2009

"i completely ignore dark matter while lvling. i feel like i can do more dps with his baneful."
Dark matter is the first thing i level to max one shot creeps level faster get more money and deals lots of damage if you aim it right..

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivec View Post
ok so i love playing veigar and his damage vs other casters can really surprise the other team.

right now playing with no runes and iam lvl 9.

in beta i could easyly stack ap runes and ap items and do massive amounts of damage.

now few items have changed i dont have any runes stuff cost more so it takes more to get more ap.

i just always feel really squishy like super. so i been toying with the way i play.

now i almost play veigar like support caster and focus on his aoe stun.

i always start off with baneful and at lvl 2 get his stun(event horrizon.

i completely ignore dark matter while lvling. i feel like i can do more dps with his baneful.

i sorta go for mana regen mana and hp before ap. items to make me more mobile and harder to gank or corner.

by doing this i get really fast casting of first spell and my stun last alot longer and less cooldown since i focus on it more.

any opinions

i still dont have a set item build since it changes depending on what i am facing but i like boots of swift ness over the other boots most of the time.

Veigar is a strong character after lvl 6. You can practically insta as long as you get the stun in. Casters and chars that have alot of MP are your MAIN targets.

I normally get sapphire for starters and turn it into catalyst. then get sorcerers shoes.

Q
E
W
Q
E
R

Is the order I go for skills. Dark Matter is a good farming skill, but is very mana heavy so I don't normally suggest it right away. 1 rank is good enough for your gank combo.
Event is your second skill mainly for defense. I use it to help get away or an ally get away. Also good if your enemy is low on health and you and your ally can gank!

Use event/ dark matter / bale / ulti and you should have a hero down or almost. Just make sure you have enough mana and that you're going for a reasonably good target. I mean you can't expect to take a tank down like this with them having very little mana.

Any targets who are half health or below you can normally take out. AP is your main goal. IF you're dying alot, just play a little more defensive unless you know you can combo off and get away with it. Feel free to get some health if you die alot.

item build goes as

Sapphire>Ruby> Rod Of Ages
Boots > Sorcerers

From here just get more AP items. Zhonya is great, but should be the last item you get.

Abyssal Sceptar is good.
Mejai is okay if you're a good nuker. I personally don't get it.
The Void Staff is good against anyone who gets more armor resist.
I like Deathfire Grasp too. One of my personal preferences. :P