Who's a Good Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MOCKINGJAYREBEL

02-18-2013

I haven't bought any supports ever- and i'm level 20 already. I mainly have ranged, AP carries, and i wanna try contributing to my team, you know, healing, and reducing the stress of trying to get kills. I've tried Thresh, although most people say he's more tanky than a support. Sona seems like a really good support, considering her healing/mana regenerations for allies, plus she can seriously help in team fights. So, who do you think i should get? I prefer ranged btw

Thx in advanced

asdg2323

02-18-2013

as a ranged support i would consider nami, she's great for catching fleeing enemys and does have a decent heal.
But if you dont have that much ip to spend and are ok with melee get allistar, he can be gotten free with the unchained allistar skin if you subscribe to leagues youtube channel.
U cant go wrong with a free support .
also hes great at defending the adc in situations other supports couldnt

FlowyS

02-18-2013

If you want more a tradtional MMO style support, Soraka fits that.
If you want to kill everything that moves and count that as supporting, AP Zyra or AP Lux fits that.
If you want to be a second adc, Kayle fits that.
If the thought of being at low hp sounds extremely dangerous and fun, Karma fits that.

All of the above are ranged supports.

Qsario

02-18-2013

I love Janna. She can escape from (almost) anything, she has an incredibly high skill cap (I'm nowhere near topping out), and she can provide an insane amount of peel if you know how.

The downside is that you're kinda squishy and do little damage on a support budget. You also have to survive lane somehow. But she is very rewarding if you're good at using her effectively.

People talk about things like the shield nerf (shield no longer gives huge +AD buff when broken), but forget that the buff can still be fully utilized against things like towers & inhibitors. Oh, and it stops ignite/poison from killing people, but all normal shields do that.

ChiefClive

02-19-2013

If you want to be a great nuisance against your lane opponents, pick Lulu.

Hawko0313

02-19-2013

every support is great the above mentioned are all viable

if you prefer ap heavy casters with ranged capability have a look at karma, lux, kayle and zyra

supports that just make the carry almost impossible to kill go lulu

god i hate lulu....

BalasarGodslayer

02-19-2013

http://www.lolking.net/guides/93000

Leona guide, learn her, love her and she'll steam roll your way to victory no problem

Bugog

02-19-2013

Best supports to learn on:
Taric - easy, low risk, beefy support
Lulu - probably the best mage type support
Sona - easy poke/heal support early, transitions into walking ult late game. Very easy to kill though.

If you're willing to put a lot of effort into learning a support:
Leona - risky support because she all-ins, but if your adc is on the same page she can pay off
Nami - her kit sounds basic, but she takes a lot more practice to get proficient at q
Alistar - he's still viable, but you have to read the situation very carefully, w + q on demand
Janna - she starts off weak, but gets stronger as the game goes on
Blitz - land grab, get kill, victory dance. Don't miss grabs though

Supports to avoid:
Karma - only good support ability she has early is shield, she's a better AP mage than support

Non support support
Fiddlesticks - silence and fear are effective, good self sustain, avoids the "support tax"

Those are all the supports I've personally played.

Captain BubbleT

02-19-2013

Soraka is a great support. You can heal mana for free for your adc.

iDpark

02-19-2013

Soraka, Taric, Sona, and blitz are porbabaly the more easier supports to pick up.

Janna, Lulu, Leona are a bit harder, more skillshot based and harder to play really well.

Alistar only if you have good internet and can hit the W+Q combo.