Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

GAME (MAJOR) Lux ult doing nothing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Shenron

02-26-2013

Noticed this the other day but haven't tried to replicate it yet, but Lux on my team fired her ult and it passed directly through someone. Didn't miss anything as far as flash or anything, it was a direct hit, but nothing happened, no dmg, no passive debuff added.

JesterTheJoker

02-26-2013

There are a number of champs that can block abilities. Noc, Sivir, Kayle are the main ones I can think of...

Alpha Shenron

02-26-2013

yeah it wasn't being blocked...it just didn't happen ok.

Last Fantasy

02-26-2013

A spell shield does not block Lux's passive. The passive will be applied.

However you will need a bit more than just a few sentences to properly report this as a bug.

FranKken

02-27-2013

I've experienced this bug on the NA server a few times. It is a very uncommon bug and I haven't ever been able to replicate it.

Basically, their ult will fire, and when it should do damage to you (as in if you have no spellshield or the likes), it doesn't. I'm unsure of to what my cause this bug but I have a feeling it could be due to lag.

Sky Pirate Vyse

02-28-2013

When you ulted, did it look like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmU7aAgA04s

Kanderas

02-28-2013

One thing that people may not realise about skillshots is that their aiming is often dodgy on diagonals due to the camera angle. Things may often be above or below where they are intended to be. It's usually more noticeable on narrow skillshots, but nearly every time I laser right through someone to no effect it is on a diagonal.

deathmage390

03-04-2013

this is a very common bug it has happend around 20-30 times to myself. dont know what causes it but it is NOT a spell sheild or block by another champion the ability simply fails. (perhaps there is a "blind spot" in the spell somewhere?)

Wards win games

03-04-2013

Is there a replay available on your PBE account? If so, what is your PBE summoner name.

With that said, I believe I know what you're referring to. When slightly north or south of the lux targetting bar it 100% seems to connect but ends up passing through the enemy, while visually it looks like the legs or head were clipped within the spell. This can be very frustrating for the player.

The above is typically player side latency to the server, where it looks 100% like the spell connected, the player is actually just a step above the targeting line.

With that said, I would have to see a replay to determine if that was what actually happened. If none is available I'll fiddle with lux ults tonight for a few hours in customs.

DistilledSkill

03-05-2013

this has happened to me as well. direct hit with lazor dealing no damage