Trinity Force or Iceborn Gauntlet (READ POST FIRST)

Trinity Force 7 38.89%
Iceborn Gauntlet 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Iceborn Gauntlet vs Trinity Force on Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Only Jungle

02-26-2013

So I know Trinity Force is pretty core on jayce, but I was looking at iceborn gauntlet and decided to compare the useful stats to see which is more cost efficient and gives the best stats.

-----

Trinity Force - 3900 Gold

Useful Stats
30 AD
8% Move Speed
250 Health
200 Mana
25% Chance for a 20% Slow
More Damage on basic attacks after using ability

Not Very Useful Stats
30 AP
30 AS
10 Crit Chance

-----

Iceborn Gauntlet - 3250 Gold

Useful Stats
500 Mana
60 Armor
10 CDR
More Damage and an AOE Slow on basic attack after using an ability

Not Very Useful Stats
60 AP

----- ANALYSIS

So Trinity Force gives you 6 useful and 3 not useful stats at the price of 3900 gold while Iceborn Gauntlet gives you 4 useful stats and 1 not useful stat. The trinity force gives you some AD, health, and move speed but the Gauntlet gives you 10 CDR. The Gauntlet has a slow that procs off of his Thundering Blow and it might proc off of ranged form W, not sure. Trinity force gives you more bonus damage though. Gauntlet gives more mana than Trinity. Gauntlet gives you 60 armor, Trinity gives you 250 health. Both give you pretty useless AP. Trinity's AS actually hurts your W in ranged. The move speed on Trinity helps make you even faster. With the CDR on Gauntlet, you almost(39%) reach the CDR cap with Ionian Boots of Lucidity and Black Cleaver. Gauntlet costs 650 less gold. The slow on Trinity Force is unreliable.

--- CONCLUSION

I'm really not sure which one is better, I'd like to know what you think

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Doesn't Jayce's Q count toward as an AoE and is not proc by the "single target spell" from iceborn?

I Only Jungle

02-26-2013

Well i'm not sure if it procs from his hammer form Q. You do have to target an enemy, but it does AOE damage, so probably not. It still will proc it after thundering blow which is usually used after his Q.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
Well i'm not sure if it procs from his hammer form Q. You do have to target an enemy, but it does AOE damage, so probably not. It still will proc it after thundering blow which is usually used after his Q.
If you are trying to proc it with hammer form, then the whole idea is wasted, because Jayce can also proc iceborn with his cannon stance, and in most cases there will be no reason to go in after that.

I Only Jungle

02-26-2013

"Spellblade causes your next basic attack to deal bonus damage after using an ability. (2 second cooldown) "

Wouldn't that proc off of your Cannon form E so you trigger the max attack speed bonus that will slow enemies? If it does that would be better than Trinity in that aspect because it is a stronger slow with a 100% chance instead of 75% with the 3 attacks. If not, Iceborn gauntlet might be kinda useless.

Warrrrax

02-27-2013

Since when is Triforce core on Jayce?

Jayce is similar to pantheon, more of a physical caster with good AD ratios. A bloodthirster not only gives huge sustain but will add more damage to just about all Jayce's attack patterns.
An autoattack/Hypercharge adds 490 dmg from BT, vs 145 TF (plus 150ish proc) plus a bit extra from crit.
Qball adds 100 vs 30 which is a big difference.

Gauntlet really seems awful. Jayce doesnt use the AP hardly at all, nor does he need much extra mana. So thats a huge cost for minimal stats and his Gapcloser already has a slow attached.