Exhaust blind works on Olafs ult, bug?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragshnak

10-30-2010

In Olafs ult description it says it ignores all disables, and at least I think blind is clearly a disable so it shouldn't work when Olafs ult is on.

this is just what i think, maybe i'm wrong.

Loptyr

10-30-2010

There's a post in GD from Phreak saying the ability to blind Olaf during Ragnarok is intended.

It makes more sense currently since you can't cleanse blind in this patch for whatever reason.

At least it's consistent?

Covenant

10-30-2010

It's lame but intended.

Solution is to build tanky Olaf and make your big damage source from E, and just save Ragnarok for after you get exhausted.

Ragshnak

10-30-2010

yeah, that's how i usually play him tanky, with dmg from E, tho i think it's wierd since it's an ulti and all.

Covenant

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragshnak View Post
yeah, that's how i usually play him tanky, with dmg from E, tho i think it's wierd since it's an ulti and all.
Yeah, it's pretty weird. Does Morgana's ult block blinds? I think it does but I'm not sure. You'd think Olaf's ult would be as good as Morgana's shield, but whatev.

It's a handy ult with a good passive, so I don't complain--but their rationale for making him blindable is entirely stupid. You are free to blind him before or after he ults. He's only non-disableable for 8 seconds at maximum level. Is that really too much to ask?

I've played against teams with 4 exhausts when I'm the only Melee. I spend an awful lot of time blinded I tell you.

I'd like an item like QSS but just for blinds. "Hextech Goggles," give me half duration on blinds or something like that. Being blinded, repeatedly, for 3.5 seconds each is not a small amount of time being spent useless.

The reason I play Olaf is to avoid being shut down constantly from CC, because it's just no fun. And I need to play tanky because otherwise I'm just getting CC'd to death. I should probably just play xin--his silly attacks go right through blindness. ;/

Ragshnak

10-30-2010

Yeah i agree, morganas black shield does block the whole exhaust so olafs ult should work the same.

I also play Xin, tho his Q doesn't make dmg through blind, but he still get the knock up, tho it gives you some time to make delay your preys movement.

Covenant

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragshnak View Post
Yeah i agree, morganas black shield does block the whole exhaust so olafs ult should work the same.

I also play Xin, tho his Q doesn't make dmg through blind, but he still get the knock up, tho it gives you some time to make delay your preys movement.
He's also got his R and his lunge to do AoE damage while blinded. Olaf has his Q and his E so this is why Xin and Olaf are so good at it, but Xin's big special power is "I can't be slowed down" whereas Xin doesn't care if he's slowed because he can just lunge to keep on you.

Overall, Xin has more of what Olaf needs--carry potential. Xin benefits from getting a high Attack Damage whereas Olaf's skills do not directly gain much benefit from stats. Olaf's biggest damage source (Reckless Swing) is fixed and has no scaling at all, his Q is not really a reliable source of damage and certainly scales worse than Xin's lunge, and Olaf has two self-buffs (W and R) that do not benefit from him having a high AD. Again, the only reason Olaf is considered good is because CC is entirely out of control. He's a lousy carry, but he has one goofy ability that lets him shine.

It's why I think Xin is better overall but I find him kinda bland. My axe is a nice skillshot but Xin's lunge slows AND moves him into melee range. That's better. He's more like a superpowered Master Yi.

Ragshnak

10-30-2010

Well Olaf is probably not the ideal carry, he's better off as tough fighter. I played Xin alot just b4 i started playing Olaf again. They're very different but both are fun.

I usually build olaf with tank/dps items, so he get's kinda annoying but still with nice dmg and you're able to initiate coz of ult, unless you get exhausted, ppl might not think about it but W is nice coz he gets 80+ extra dmg at lvl 5 or something like that (don't know exact stats), tho that skill scale really bad so it's nothing to rely on really, but it's still good for tanky Olaf, and you can usually take on ppl like Xin with Olaf.

I like both Olaf and Xin but they're very different.