QUESTION about Quinn's TWIN BROTHER !!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toki AkA

02-25-2013

as the title

The lore just says Quinn has a twin brother
but didn't told us the twin brother is elder or younger..
So I'm confused about it.
(Would this question be strange here? I don't know if Americans care about which is elder in twins, as I am a Chinese... :3 )

In my own opinion I think Quinn is elder than Caleb, her brother.
Quinn showed a loving care to Valor, like an elder sister. Maybe most younger sisters would rely on the elder brother..like Lux to Garen?

Toki AkA

02-25-2013

- - no answer ?

Birdy51

02-26-2013

It's an interesting question, but it's a hard one to answer! Indeed, as an American, I don't usually pay a large amount of attention to lineage, but I might be able to give my opinion on the matter.

I don't think there was any special emphasis on who was born first. Rather, I would speculate that Quinn and Caleb grew up as equals. They were partners from birth, with neither of them being the elder.

Quinn seems to extend this ideal to Valor as well, if only to a lesser extent. They fight in tandem on the Fields of Justice. Should one fall, the other seems to suffer as well. Still, Quinn is more than likely Valor's guide than the other way around. Quinn can be the elder in this situation, due to the sheer nature of their relationship.

As for the case of Lux and Garen, they were fairly distant from one another throughout childhood. Garen was a trained soldier from the day he could walk, and Lux was forced on her way to becoming a mage. Distance is a tyrant unfortunately... Even if Lux wanted to see Garen, it was likely a rare occurence causing their bond to be weaker than it would be between say Darius and Draven.

Between the two Blood Brothers of Noxus, there is a much more definite bond, even if it's become a bit rusty. Darius worked as an active guardian for Draven growing up, becoming the elder in more ways than one. I would go further to say that the only reason Darius joined the military was to support him and his brother. After that is a bit more speculation.

Hope this helps though!

Toki AkA

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy51 View Post
It's an interesting question, but it's a hard one to answer! Indeed, as an American, I don't usually pay a large amount of attention to lineage, but I might be able to give my opinion on the matter.

I don't think there was any special emphasis on who was born first. Rather, I would speculate that Quinn and Caleb grew up as equals. They were partners from birth, with neither of them being the elder.

Quinn seems to extend this ideal to Valor as well, if only to a lesser extent. They fight in tandem on the Fields of Justice. Should one fall, the other seems to suffer as well. Still, Quinn is more than likely Valor's guide than the other way around. Quinn can be the elder in this situation, due to the sheer nature of their relationship.

As for the case of Lux and Garen, they were fairly distant from one another throughout childhood. Garen was a trained soldier from the day he could walk, and Lux was forced on her way to becoming a mage. Distance is a tyrant unfortunately... Even if Lux wanted to see Garen, it was likely a rare occurence causing their bond to be weaker than it would be between say Darius and Draven.

Between the two Blood Brothers of Noxus, there is a much more definite bond, even if it's become a bit rusty. Darius worked as an active guardian for Draven growing up, becoming the elder in more ways than one. I would go further to say that the only reason Darius joined the military was to support him and his brother. After that is a bit more speculation.

Hope this helps though!

!!Thanks for your response.. Some words here I need to look up in the dictionary.. :3
Culture difference made me asked a strange question like this
I like your comment on Lux and Garen !!

AbiwonKenabi

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkorophyte View Post
It would be the most amazing plotline if it was Swain. The brother's name was Caleb, I know, but a name change isn't that difficult to preform.

Think about it, they both have birds, which obviously representing someone important. Swain whispers to his bird, and Valor appeared after Caleb 'died'.

So it seems somewhat suspicious that, out of nowhere, a man with a bird appears in an infirmory with no past records of his existence, simply requesting a crutch. Almost as if he didn't want to be discovered. Maybe, if he is Quinn's brother, he doesnt want her to know?

Not only that, but both of their ults turn them into birds.

Furthermore, both champions have climbed the chain of command rapidly, showing extreme proficiency commanding troops. (one through fear, the other through moral inspiration)

It's a longshot, but the timeline is uncanny.
Quinn's brother 'dies' > Quinn gains Valor > Random man with enigma bird appears > both climb the chain of command > both join up with the league
Meh...I guess I could kind of see it; but Swain is implied to be an older gentleman, I would guess around his 50s. Meanwhile, Quinn seems a lot younger, and although she's kind of "climbing the ranks" she's still relatively new to the Demacian army, or so it's implied. (i.e. Jarvan just discovered her)

And besides, I think Valor takes a much more important role in Quinn's abilities as opposed to Swain's bird, Beatrice. After all, their champ name is "Quinn & Valor" but Swain's champ name isn't "Swain & Beatrice." The bird serves no really important role in his backstory either.

Anyways, it would be cool, but I don't think it'll ever be true. Like you said, it's a longshot.

Naked Malzahar

03-20-2013

I'd say the difference between Swain and Quinn is that while Swain and Beatrice are one (I mean, imagine Beatrice wothout Swain or Swain without Beatrice. It just doesn't fit), Quinn and Valor are two different personalities. They interact with each other in a more somatic way than Swain and Beatrice, who seemingly understand each other through telepathy.

Weezooo

03-24-2013

Who cares about Caleb, he's dead anyway.

Hinu Hyuga

03-28-2013

Quinn's brother is Caleb. I kinda wish he wasn't dead, so they could use him as a champion.

Swagintou

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinu Hyuga View Post
Quinn's brother is Caleb. I kinda wish he wasn't dead, so they could use him as a champion.
Just because he's dead, doesn't necessarily mean he won't become a champion. Who knows? Maybe we'll see a ghost version of him, or even brought back to life via a necromancer, just like Sion.

HellComet

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus AOA View Post
Just because he's dead, doesn't necessarily mean he won't become a champion. Who knows? Maybe we'll see a ghost version of him, or even brought back to life via a necromancer, just like Sion.
Or he got possessed by demon bird thing and goes by Swain now