Question about "Spam Punish"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bellmaker33

02-25-2013

Hi All,

I saw another thread about spamming punish nets a 90% accuracy rate, and several comments over my time here state that the Tribunal system will recognize spam-punish so that Riot can take action to remove you from voting status and such.

My question - I currently have over 90% accuracy, and I vote Punish on (my estimate) 39/40 cases because I truly believe they deserve to be punished. This is, by vast majority, rampant negative behavior as opposed to the gross misconduct of racial/sexual slurs and the like.

How does the Tribunal see me, based on that? Am I taking a chance of losing my voting rights because I'm strict?

Note: I have voted Pardon a few times in the 200-or-so cases I've reviewed. I think one of them was pardoned, the other two punished. I forget.

Thoughts/Responses?

Discuss!

Kirska

02-25-2013

My accuracy is about 92% and would only go up if I clicked pardon more. The idea that punish spamming gives you the best accuracy is simply a lie.

Bellmaker33

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
My accuracy is about 92% and would only go up if I clicked pardon more. The idea that punish spamming gives you the best accuracy is simply a lie.
I completely agree, but the thread about spam-punish = 90% accuracy got me thinking about the OP.

I'm more thinking about the fact that from the Tribunal, with me voting Punish almost exclusively, that I'm over 90% accuracy anyway.

It makes me wonder if the Tribunal system thinks I'm spam-punishing.

GON the Mage Guy

02-25-2013

The time you take on a case is factored in, too. Most punish spammers wait out the timer and hit punish immediately.

Bellmaker33

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
The time you take on a case is factored in, too. Most punish spammers wait out the timer and hit punish immediately.
So much for a heartfelt discussion. :-P

If the Tribunal accounts for additional factors such a time spent on a case (and clicking between the games in the case?) then it's really a non-issue.

Anyone else have any thoughts worth sharing with this thread?

Kirska

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
I find this disheartening. At least half the cases you can tell within 10 seconds that they're toxic.

I mean, if you scroll down and immediately see someone called a racial slur, why do you even need to keep going?

Niffo

Recruiter

02-26-2013

I wouldn't worry about time - if you see something toxic and punish worthy hit the button. There might be people that just spam punish but I would bet it's a lot lower now that there's no IP rewards involved in the Tribunal. We do what we do because we like to help the community improve.

Leo2k5

02-26-2013

Yeah, I've had a lot of cases lately where the first game is immediately full of "F*** N***** F***** TRASH NOOBS" and it's just a matter of idly skimming the other games for the same **** until the timer is up.

Bellmaker33

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo2k5 View Post
Yeah, I've had a lot of cases lately where the first game is immediately full of "F*** N***** F***** TRASH NOOBS" and it's just a matter of idly skimming the other games for the same **** until the timer is up.
That's exactly the kind of thing that keeps me "spamming punish" (to follow the line of this thread). I read through every case as thoroughly as I need to. What I mean by that is exactly what you said. I will read 1/3 of Game 1/5, see that ****, and then wait 7 more seconds for the timer to tick down so I can insta-punish, BECAUSE it's worthy of a Punish click.

To be fair, I've also found that the majority of games are the type that require a read-through of all games. They usually end in a punish vote from me simply because 5 straight games of excessive negativity, to me, is a Punish.

Deekodin2

03-18-2013

I would have to think that most people who vote in the tribunal are just there to do to people what they done to them by spamming punish. There is a lot of kids in this community and would not be surprised if this was the case because lets face it, alot of people get banned for absolutely no reasons.