Menaces 2 the League - Warding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcornGames

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by racky54 View Post
@Warhood: Success!

This is a great article. Before this I wasn't always sure if I should buy wards, since nobody really does at level 11 summoner Blind Pick matches :/ Now, I know to buy wards to be ahead of my other team! Also, are Vision Wards worth the extra 50 gold or should I just stick with Sight Wards?
One more tip on this;
Pink wards can also be bought to "counter" certain champs.
Example: If youre laning against an Akali. Shell always drop that Shroud which makes her Invisible and sit inside it thinking shes safe. If you drop a Pink ward your whole team can now see her and destroy her even inside her shroud.

Other champs with invisibility include;
Kha'Zix, Teemo, Twitch, Evelynn, Etc.

An alternative option would be Oracles Elixir which allows you to view invisible units for 5 minutes? 4 minutes? I forget but its pretty great haha.

Qsario

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIntrepidityx View Post
Save a Teemo, buy a ward!
To killl a Teemo, buy a pink ward. Watching a failed level 1 camouflage gank backfire is hilarious.

Kcrash 0P

03-13-2013

bmp

bluemidget4

03-15-2013

wanted to chime in here.. definitely important to ward even in mid to late game.

For example: in a recent game my team was falling behind (and losing) late game mainly because we had no wards and couldn't see where the enemy team was attacking/ganking from (a cat & mouse game with us being the mouse). so i bought 10 wards and warded the entire enemy jungle. (even got criticized from team mate since they didn't know what i was doing)

But with the wards we were able to see enemy movements and able to have map awareness and takeout champions who were alone - this snowballed and we came back and won the game.

Moral of the story - ward! ward! ward! it can change the outcome of the game

Kcrash 0P

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemidget4 View Post
wanted to chime in here.. definitely important to ward even in mid to late game.

For example: in a recent game my team was falling behind (and losing) late game mainly because we had no wards and couldn't see where the enemy team was attacking/ganking from (a cat & mouse game with us being the mouse). so i bought 10 wards and warded the entire enemy jungle. (even got criticized from team mate since they didn't know what i was doing)

But with the wards we were able to see enemy movements and able to have map awareness and takeout champions who were alone - this snowballed and we came back and won the game.

Moral of the story - ward! ward! ward! it can change the outcome of the game
You are right, I never said in my post to stop warding. But warding is a never ending job, and can he such a hassle. But the perks of it over-come the negativity of doing it.

Kcrash 0P

04-02-2013

My post about map awareness will be coming out soon