Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Menaces 2 the League - Warding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcornGames

03-11-2013

Quote:
racky54:
@Warhood: Success!

This is a great article. Before this I wasn't always sure if I should buy wards, since nobody really does at level 11 summoner Blind Pick matches :/ Now, I know to buy wards to be ahead of my other team! Also, are Vision Wards worth the extra 50 gold or should I just stick with Sight Wards?

One more tip on this;
Pink wards can also be bought to "counter" certain champs.
Example: If youre laning against an Akali. Shell always drop that Shroud which makes her Invisible and sit inside it thinking shes safe. If you drop a Pink ward your whole team can now see her and destroy her even inside her shroud.

Other champs with invisibility include;
Kha'Zix, Teemo, Twitch, Evelynn, Etc.

An alternative option would be Oracles Elixir which allows you to view invisible units for 5 minutes? 4 minutes? I forget but its pretty great haha.

Qsario

03-12-2013

Quote:
xIntrepidityx:
Save a Teemo, buy a ward!

To killl a Teemo, buy a pink ward. Watching a failed level 1 camouflage gank backfire is hilarious.

Kcrash 0P

03-13-2013

bmp

bluemidget4

03-15-2013

wanted to chime in here.. definitely important to ward even in mid to late game.

For example: in a recent game my team was falling behind (and losing) late game mainly because we had no wards and couldn't see where the enemy team was attacking/ganking from (a cat & mouse game with us being the mouse). so i bought 10 wards and warded the entire enemy jungle. (even got criticized from team mate since they didn't know what i was doing)

But with the wards we were able to see enemy movements and able to have map awareness and takeout champions who were alone - this snowballed and we came back and won the game.

Moral of the story - ward! ward! ward! it can change the outcome of the game

Kcrash 0P

03-22-2013

Quote:
bluemidget4:
wanted to chime in here.. definitely important to ward even in mid to late game.

For example: in a recent game my team was falling behind (and losing) late game mainly because we had no wards and couldn't see where the enemy team was attacking/ganking from (a cat & mouse game with us being the mouse). so i bought 10 wards and warded the entire enemy jungle. (even got criticized from team mate since they didn't know what i was doing)

But with the wards we were able to see enemy movements and able to have map awareness and takeout champions who were alone - this snowballed and we came back and won the game.

Moral of the story - ward! ward! ward! it can change the outcome of the game

You are right, I never said in my post to stop warding. But warding is a never ending job, and can he such a hassle. But the perks of it over-come the negativity of doing it.

Kcrash 0P

04-02-2013

My post about map awareness will be coming out soon