Menaces 2 the League - Warding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kcrash 0P

02-25-2013

To Start off, I would like to say hello and welcome to "Menaces 2 the League". About once or twice a month I will post here on some game facts / science / or other knowledge on how to enhance your game-play to be a better player, team mate, and hopefully get more wins.

I currently Jungle and last Season previous to Sep 12th I was 1800, post Sep 12th 1600, I also work for Curse as a Video Editor.
You have seen my intro for Saintvicious Jungleology if you watched it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLHrBCkX54A), if you have not it is on Tuesdays @ 4pm PST.

So Menaces 2 the League is more about making you a menace to the players (in a good way), if you play ranked the other team see's and recognize you they know it is going to be a rough game ahead. Some subjects such as this one about warding, I will even post a video explaining.
I will be posting a lot of good info here, but most of it will be on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TMX.DjMinion
Then the same night I post it I will also be answering some Q & As about my subject. As I said I will be doing this once or twice a month.

==================================
Warding and the importance of it, how it can impact the game for you and your team.

A lot of people refuse to buy wards thinking it will take longer to buy items, or that they do not need it because they think they can get away due to them having a strong escape or they don't push their lanes.

1) The Ideal of Wards:
Warding is not just about not getting ganked, it is also about presence & knowing where the jungler is. If you know where he is, then you know you can either gank him in his own jungle, counter-gank, or counter-jungle.
Wards will also let you know when people on the other team are roaming as well.

I had a rule for my team, when I used to lead one. The rule was: Wards > Items (Wards over Items), Items help you do more damage but wards help you live. It never matters how much damage you can do during laning phase if you aren't alive long enough to follow through cause you got ganked. It also means you can not push your lane as well, and yes you need to. If you are going against a decent mid he will roam while his lane is pushed and help gank other lanes.

2) The Difference in Wards:
A) Sight Ward - Are most often green in color when purchased and when placed, last 3 minutes. Can only see what is visible

B) Vision Ward (often called "Pinks") - Most often pink in color when purchased and when placed, last 3 minutes.
Can see what is invisible (limited).

C) Sightstone - Much like a Sight Ward, but has charges on it and also has Health. It has 4 charges, but only 2 wards can be placed down at a time.
Can only see what is visible.

D) Ruby Sightstone - This is built from the Sightstone & a Ruby Crystal. Very similar to the previous one, but has more Health, and more charges. It has 5 charges, and 3 wards can only be placed down at a time.

E) Wriggles - Places a ward just like the Sight Ward, but also has Attack Damage, Lifesteal, and Armor. Junglers most often use this and have it, on the rare occasion top lane might have it.

****The Ruby Sightstone & Sightstone both REFILL charges when you are in the fountain for free.****

3) Who Should Buy Wards:
EVERYONE!! Yes I do mean everyone, your support needs to buy items as well. Yeah a lot of their gold will be going towards items, but for every item your support has that is Aurora based the better chance of you winning team fights becomes.

Top - Should usually have 2+ wards on them every time they leave the fountain.
Support - Should Ward as often as anyone else, judgement is used here. If you are staying in lane for long periods of time, then more wards you need. If short duration then less. But it is best to try to get a Sightstone ASAP. 1 or 2 pinks are good to have as well so you can snuff out their wards so your jungler can gank.
Jungler - Usually have Wriggles which helps out, and should have 1 more ward on them as well if need be. If no Wriggles, 1 or 2 wards needed.
Mid - Same as top
ADC - Should usually try to at least have one ward, yes support buys them. But your also making all the gold. Purchasing a few wards in the game is not going to kill you, not doing it can. Just be wary where you place it.

==================== To be Continued on FaceBook ====================

*UPDATE* Video has been added to my FB Page

Kcrash 0P

02-28-2013

bump - the video will be done sometime on Sunday.
I meant for it to be done yesterday (Wednesday), but I had some stuff come up.

FrancisAldric

02-28-2013

Good post. Concise; deserves more views. FROM PEOPLE IN MY ELO!!!!!!!!!

OJ Da Juiceman

03-01-2013

tldr. expolain that cost of ward cheaper than dying

Kcrash 0P

03-03-2013

Video has been updated and added to my FB Page and the Notes Section

Kcrash 0P

03-04-2013

bmp

Wolf O Donnel

03-04-2013

Bump Bump bump, Read this people, wards save lives

Warhood

03-05-2013

If this Bump gets +1 viewer to actually do this I have done my part.

racky54

03-05-2013

@Warhood: Success!

This is a great article. Before this I wasn't always sure if I should buy wards, since nobody really does at level 11 summoner Blind Pick matches :/ Now, I know to buy wards to be ahead of my other team! Also, are Vision Wards worth the extra 50 gold or should I just stick with Sight Wards?

Kcrash 0P

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by racky54 View Post
@Warhood: Success!

This is a great article. Before this I wasn't always sure if I should buy wards, since nobody really does at level 11 summoner Blind Pick matches :/ Now, I know to buy wards to be ahead of my other team! Also, are Vision Wards worth the extra 50 gold or should I just stick with Sight Wards?
Since your just lvl 11, I would only stick with Sight Wards.
Only use Vision wards so you can kill off their wards, but also keep an eye on your pink ward so they don't attack it either