Does Kayle's E make her attack magic damage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

US Economy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2010

What is the deal with Kayle's E, is it magic or physical damage or both. If it is magic damage, how does it apply with lifesteal? If it is both, then would getting black cleaver and Malady own on her?

NJim

10-29-2010

It does physical damage and magic damage in an area of effect.

Nuwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-29-2010

It increases your auto-attack range and adds a small amount of splash damage. The attack damage is physical and is affected by lifesteal, the splash damage is magical and is affected by spell vamp.

Fennec

Recruiter

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJim View Post
It does physical damage and magic damage in an area of effect.
^
just to make it ever more clear
She deals Physical damage like a normal auto attack but at a higher range
Then she deals Magic damage in an AoE To and around the target.

US Economy

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FennecFoxx View Post
^
So Malady would NOT be a good item on her?

NJim

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Economy View Post
So Malady would NOT be a good item on her?
Nashor's Tooth, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Boots should be your core build.

New malady might be decent.. Havn't tried it on her. I usually prefer to get a Gunblade after core is done.

Feragore

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FennecFoxx View Post
^
Nearly there. She deals normal physical damage and a bonus magic damage to her target - you can see the two hits clearly. Nearby units take splash damage equal to 20-40% of your physical damage (based on rank) plus all of the bonus magic damage. This is just one hit, most likely all magical.

This also explains why the splash damage is higher than the magic hit on the primary target. As an example: Level 1 Kayle with Doran's Ring does 57 + 12 to the main target, with a 24 (57 * 0.2 + 12 = 23.4 but in-game they take 24) damage splash.

Malady would be reasonable in a caster heavy group I'd guess. Most of my games end just after I finish Nashor's anyway (reading up on some possible extra items myself), so I can't say much on that.

Frode Munksgaard

10-30-2010

Righteous Fury - Ignites Kayle's sword with a holy flame, granting Kayle a ranged splash attack and bonus magic damage. Kayle harnesses her righteous fury to increase her attack range by 400 for 10 seconds. These attacks splash, dealing an additional magic damage to her target and nearby units take 20/25/30/35.5/40% of her attack damage plus magic damage.

The total bonus damage is 4/10/16/22/28 base damage plus (+0.3) (30% of her ability power).
Cost65/65/65/65/65 ManaRange20

^Nuff said I guess...
I does not clarify precisly wether or not kayles auto-attack becomes magic damage, however I do believe your auto-attack can never be dealt in magic damage.

Brees

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJim View Post
Nashor's Tooth, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Boots should be your core build.

New malady might be decent.. Havn't tried it on her. I usually prefer to get a Gunblade after core is done.
nashor's isnt core on her, very overrated. Starks or ghostblade is a much better purchase depending on if you have a lot of people that can benefit from starks or not

Sgt Johnny

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Economy View Post
What is the deal with Kayle's E, is it magic or physical damage or both. If it is magic damage, how does it apply with lifesteal? If it is both, then would getting black cleaver and Malady own on her?
Hey! You were in a coldturkey49 video! You were playing a great eve btw