Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teemo - BUILD with melee only items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeRest

Recruiter

02-24-2013

I have found my perfect build for Teemo. But one guy told me that an item I got from the shop was for melee champions only, and he is right, it's for Melee champions only.

So here is my question. If an item is not meant for a particular champion, that item will not be available for the champion, right?

I'm talking about "Ravenous Hydra (Melee Only)"

If this is the case, why I'm able to get this item from the shop in first place.

But the funny thing is this item it's actually increasing my abilities in...

• +75 Attack Damage
  • +15 Health Regen per 5 Seconds
  • +10 life steal

Including both passive and active options.

I'm dealing more damage.

At the end of the game I'm usually using the following build...

• 1 x Runaan's Hurricane (Ranged Only)
  • 2 x Phantom Dancer
  • 2 x Ravenous Hydra (Melee Only)
  • 1 x Blade of the Ruined King

or

• 1 x Runaan's Hurricane (Ranged Only)
  • 2 x Phantom Dancer
  • 3 x Ravenous Hydra (Melee Only)

Several people have been telling me, this build will not work with Teemo. But guys, let me tell you this...

... It does work.

If I'm in the middle of a battle and there are minions around, I just need to kill them to recover my health really fast, or just jungle once and full health will be restored in 2-3 seconds.

Plus, if you have a really Tank-e team mate, who takes most of the damage, Teemo will be a god.

He will inflict extra damage to any other champion around my main target with "Runaan's Hurricane".

I just love this build, so I don't care what people could say about this item (Ravenous Hydra).

This build WORKS!!!

^_^

Please share your opinions on this. Maybe Im missing something.

And if by any chance this is a bug in the shop, please tell no one! XD

TigersAreYellow

02-24-2013

Well I mean, Ravenous Hydra is really all about it's AOE damage, which is the Melee part. You'd be better off with bloodthirster or something of that sort.

lol I died again

02-24-2013

You're able to by "melee" weapons because ranged champions can still enter melee range.
When ranged champions enter melee range, they are practically melee.

ZephyrDrake

02-24-2013

so... you are wasting so much gold when a BT would give you MUCH more AD and LifeSteal?

Nosef

02-24-2013

The passive splash from ravenous hydra doesn't work with ranged champs, and it doesn't stack.

You also have no HP or defenses on a short ranged squishy champion.

Teemo works best solo top, either as an AP shroom factory, or with a king of kite bruiser-ish on-hit build. His best best role is a non-existent, deleted champ, but Riot is still working on the balance for that one.

Edit: Or boots in most of your match history.

KRYPTØNITE

02-24-2013

dear lord.....i'm so confused now. So jayce is ranged and melee? So he can buy runaans? Then what about thresh, it says he's ranged? gahhh.