AFK farming?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

didlyboop

02-24-2013

i'm not really new to the game however, i've been hearing the phrase afk farming from several streamers i watch and i was just wondering what that means.

any answer would mostlikely help!

thanks!

Im S0fa King

02-24-2013

It's sort of a joke. AFK normally means away from keyboard. AFK farming refers to passively farming near your turret to get gold while avoiding confrontations with enemy champs. This is usually done when you are behind your opponents in lane and sure to lose any engagement.

TehomCD

02-24-2013

This phrase is usually applied top lane, since in higher level games with junglers, the top lane is a solo lane that's away from most of the early game action. Top laners try to force people to come deal with them by pushing their lane, or get advantages for their team by roaming, but sometimes the best thing they can do is just farm if there's no way they can get across the map for a fight.

You'll sometimes see the term used as an insult due to that - a top laner who's only frozen his lane at his turret and then complains that his team is losing while his lane opponent is roaming over the map will probably get yelled at for AFK farming and exerting no map pressure, for example.

didlyboop

02-24-2013

thankyou! i knew what afk meant lol but i was still confused.. so thanks!