Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Am I Here: A Guide to Roles and Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpaceDrake

05-18-2013

Quote:
Eolair:
I'm in the level 11 bracket so there's still a lot of mass confusion with people grabbing random champions and going into random lanes, but I've noticed that there's also no warding (except for me) or dragon/baron action. Is that something that becomes more common as the summoners are higher level?

Yes. A lot of lower-level players don't really know how to go for dragon effectively, in particular. Baron is a bit more common but you see people go for him late to help close out a game.

As for grabbing random champions, well, not everyone even knows the meta exists. They just grab what they like, such as ~Masta Yiiiiiiiiiiii~ with his katenas, and do whatever. A team that knows what it's doing with the meta will usually persevere, however.

Quote:
When we do start killing dragon/baron, what level champions/how many should you take?

Dragon is often done with the jungler and botlane combo. Midlane might come down to help as well, but this often tips off the enemy that dragon is going down... but then, sometimes you want to lure people to dragon for an early teamfight. Dragon is where strategy gets surprisingly complicated (ergo, why a lot of low-level players who are otherwise in the know ignore it).

Niek

05-18-2013

Quote:
SpaceDrake:
Yes. A lot of lower-level players don't really know how to go for dragon effectively, in particular. Baron is a bit more common but you see people go for him late to help close out a game.

As for grabbing random champions, well, not everyone even knows the meta exists. They just grab what they like, such as ~Masta Yiiiiiiiiiiii~ with his katenas, and do whatever. A team that knows what it's doing with the meta will usually persevere, however.

Dragon is often done with the jungler and botlane combo. Midlane might come down to help as well, but this often tips off the enemy that dragon is going down... but then, sometimes you want to lure people to dragon for an early teamfight. Dragon is where strategy gets surprisingly complicated (ergo, why a lot of low-level players who are otherwise in the know ignore it).

Eolair, if this could get stickied, that would just make my life. It would ten kinds of awesome. And I am glad that I could help by giving you want you were searching for.

As far as warding goes, it's a thing that should be done at all levels. However, most people don't understand the importance of wards at lower levels, so I commend you for doing it so early. Dragon doesn't even spawn until 2:30, so around that time is when you should really start warding him, but you should also ward up to prevent ganks. Baron Nashor doesn't spawn until 7:00, but like SpaceDrake said, that's an objective teams go for in mid to late game. Particularly late game.

Niek

05-20-2013

Still here if anyone needs it.

Niek

05-22-2013

Any other questions?

Niek

05-26-2013

Still here.

Niek

05-29-2013

Can this be of any help to someone?

Niek

06-04-2013

Just making sure this is available for anyone who needs to see it.

Niek

06-06-2013

If anyone would like the information, it's still here.

Niek

06-08-2013

Still here.

Niek

06-15-2013

Still open for questions and discussion!