Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Am I Here: A Guide to Roles and Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niek

03-07-2013

This is the last bump before I let this fall into the many pages of the forum.

Mynx The Origin

03-09-2013

This should be constantly on the front of the forum page. So I'm bumping.

Niek

03-09-2013

Really? I didn't want to spam the front page too much with it. Though, it is helping new players.

Niek

03-10-2013

Well, I'll bump this a time or two more.

TehHypocrite

03-11-2013

so i've been playing for a few months now and had the meta figured out besides which champs are better at defending certain objectives (very informative), but i still have a question. Though it is widely popular that tanks and bruisers go top, where's the explanation for tops such as talon, kha'zix, teemo, or vlad? All of which are squishy, though vlad has life sustain.

Also I don't feel like you've adequately explained why casters/assassins take mid lane. All that was stated was that minions get there first. Is it because it is the only other solo lane available while tanks/bruisers secure top and baron?

noobule

03-11-2013

Hey great OP

I knew the roles but I'd been wondering why the hell it was the non-junglers were split like that and always split that

Nice

Niek

03-11-2013

Quote:
TehHypocrite:
so i've been playing for a few months out and had the meta figured out besides which champs are better at defending certain objectives (very informative), but i still have a question. Though it is widely popular that tanks and bruisers go top, where's the explanation for tops such as talon, kha'zix, teemo, or vlad? All of which are squishy, though vlad has life sustain.

Also I don't feel like you've adequately explained why casters/assassins take mid lane. All that was stated was that minions get there first. Is it because it is the only other solo lane available while tanks/bruisers secure top and baron?

Greetings TehHypocrite! Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that I could help you out some, regarding the objectives. Though about the issues you pointed out, I do agree with you.

On the first point, about the champs such as Teemo, Kha, and Vlad going top, I agree that they are viable tops. Though when I originally made this guide, I wanted it to be for brand new players and I didn't want to confuse them with the, "Well, if you don't want to do this, you can also do this in such and such situation." Though, I have had other people bring this up, so I think that I will actually add in a section addressing this.

As far as the mid lane champions, I apologize that I didn't make that more clear. I will certainly go back in and adjust it so that it is a little more up front.

Quote:
Hey great OP

I knew the roles but I'd been wondering why the hell it was the non-junglers were split like that and always split that

Nice

And you are very welcome StudioCascade. Glad that I could be of assistance.

Niek

03-12-2013

So close to 3,000 views! That's exciting.

Niek

03-12-2013

Anyone have suggestions for additions?

Niek

03-14-2013

Bump.