Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Am I Here: A Guide to Roles and Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niek

03-03-2013

That is actually really, really good. I didn't list every single champ in the game in this guide because, for one, that would make this guide much much longer. Haha. And secondly, I didn't put everyone because certain champions can go do multiple roles.

But Fizz is actually a mid champion, so that's a good thing. He's one of the melee mids I mentioned, but I didn't add him specifically. I will add him to the list though, since you've brought it up.

Beavis Braz

03-03-2013

Awesome guide. Thanks for that

Niek

03-03-2013

Thank you! I'm glad that I could help.

Kcrash 0P

03-03-2013

Quote:
typical junglers usually have a higher health pool, some sort of build in sustain like life steal or spell vamp

I read this and I lawl'd

Niek

03-03-2013

Obviously, you know everything in this guide and a good deal more, but I'm glad that I could at least give you a laugh. If there's anything you want to add, or to discuss, let me know and I would be more than willing to do so.

Lorancers

03-03-2013

double thumbs up on the guide ^^.
And going more in depth the reason the meta is strong is the exp distributions which is why Mid/Top is typically housed by a champion that scales well with levels as well as gold, while the jungler is a champion that scales very well with levels, but not as good with gold (high base values, and lower scaling), and Bot in which houses the Ad carry ( scales very well with gold, and decent on levels) and the Support( high-base skills, or powerful Crowd control to protect the carry)

6v4x9wTzY0uF9zRT

03-04-2013

Great post!

Niek

03-04-2013

Lorancers and other really long username guy, thank you! Lorancers, I will make some additions to the meta section with this information.

Niek

03-04-2013

Shamelessly bumping because I love helping new players and this guide does just that.

Niek

03-05-2013

Gentle nudge.