Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Am I Here: A Guide to Roles and Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niek

07-13-2013

Still here.

Varshinator

07-14-2013

Nice guide =)

I started playing about a year ago. Havent been really serious about it till now. I found a lot of answers to my questions in your guide. Thanks! <3

Draciusen

07-14-2013

This is very helpful, I was having trouble discerning the various 'stages' of the game.

Niek

07-16-2013

I'm so glad that I was able to help you guys!

Nuzt

07-16-2013

Very helpful, I have been playing support and while I had a rough idea that I was suppose to stun/heal/random other support stuff so my partner could rake in gold I had no idea that I shouldn't be clearing the minions. I thought I was helping him/her get to the champs faster by clearing the minions, no one has given me grief for doing it so its good to know.

Niek

07-19-2013

I'm so glad that I've helped a new support into the world of supporty-ness. Thanks for the feedback.

Fragarial

07-19-2013

Isn't the new meta lane swapping? Like 1v2 and 2v1 adc/support vs top champion?

Niek

07-20-2013

Fragarial, what you're talking about hasn't trickled down. It may be something that pro players do, but I would not call it a new meta because it hasn't been adopted by the larger player base yet. It may happen, it may not. But right now, I would hesitate to call the 2v1 a new meta because such a small percentage of the players use that tactic.

Fragarial

07-20-2013

Oh well don't people learn from watching pro player and their adapt their styles into their gameplay?Anyway, how do you know when it would exactly be the new meta..I don't think they make announcements about these things.

Oh and also, I've been seeing 2 adc champions, mid and bot on enemy teams, in game I've been playing and in the NA competition going on right now...what do you think of it? Do you support the idea? Like Ez mid and kog bot or Tf mid and vayne bot...

Niek

07-20-2013

For the first part, yeah, the meta comes from the pro players. But what I meant is that what they're doing hasn't spread enough for it to be called a meta. Or at least in my opinion. I'd say give it some time for it to trickle down into plat, then gold, then silver, so on so forth. It's just not something I see enough for me to definitely say it's a new meta.

For the second part, I personally like it. I don't think every player can pull it off and I don't think all ADC's can pull it off. But if done right, I really like the idea. It's something I'd like to see more of.