How long does it take to rank up in Season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avallas

02-23-2013

I haven't played the game in about 4-5 months. I played in Season 2 quite a bit, and did pretty well. I ran with Sona most of the time because of 148 games I had a 63.5% win rate with her, and that's pretty decent for solo queue.

I'm by no means a great player (~1300 elo). I like ranked because ranked players are typically more mature, reliable and less likely to call me a "n*****".

I feel I gotta lay that out otherwise some people on the forums are just going to call me terribad and say the losses are my fault.

Anyway, played 8 games (preliminaries) in Season 3 so far. Won the first 3, then lost the next 5, three of which were absolute disasters with the typical lumpen and immature LoL rabble. I don't expect myself to come out smelling good. If I lost the next two games, where would I land? Will I get dumped in to elo hell? How long would it take me to get out? How exactly does season 3 work?

DaemRijou

02-23-2013

According to Riot, it's a lot faster now, but it really depends on your luck. It took me 7 tries to finally complete my promotion series to get to Silver IV due to trolls in almost every promotion game. It sure feels slower to me.

Avallas

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemRijou View Post
According to Riot, it's a lot faster now, but it really depends on your luck. It took me 7 tries to finally complete my promotion series to get to Silver IV due to trolls in almost every promotion game. It sure feels slower to me.
Can you help explain how Season 3 works or provide a link to a Riot post that does?

BoggLorD

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avallas View Post
Can you help explain how Season 3 works or provide a link to a Riot post that does?
just look at your "leagues" page, it states clearly how it is on a subsquare to the right there

Avallas

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggLorD View Post
just look at your "leagues" page, it states clearly how it is on a subsquare to the right there
It doesn't quite explain how it works.

BoggLorD

02-23-2013

Quote:
It doesn't quite explain how it works.
what more is there you want to know? you know you've to reach 100 points to enter promotion series, win 2/3 or 3/5 to reach next divison/tier

Avallas

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggLorD View Post
what more is there you want to know? you know you've to reach 100 points to enter promotion series, win 2/3 or 3/5 to reach next divison/tier
The league page doesn't explain that at all. It says complete 10 games to be placed in to a league, that's all it says.

DaemRijou

02-23-2013

Quote:
The league page doesn't explain that at all. It says complete 10 games to be placed in to a league, that's all it says.
That's for when you first start ranked. The first 10 games, or placement matches, are to find out what league you belong in. If you do good, you could end up in the Silver Leagues, of if you do bad, you'll get put into bronze.

Moon Stone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Look me up on lolking to get an idea, I've been trying to get into gold for almost a month.

Avallas

02-23-2013

I only won 4 out of the 10 provisional games. I got put in to Bronze III. The people here are just as bad as those in the provisional games. It's just frustrating. Nothing but poor English and racial epithets.