Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Competitive eSports. Drug Testing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRAWKAx

02-23-2013

I'm just curious if Riot has an official policy on performance enhancing drugs. Now that they are trying to promote a weekly competitive scene, are they testing to make sure players aren't using speed to gain a competitive edge?

Edit: I said performance enhancing drugs. Such as Adderall.
Edit 2: Scroll down in this article to where it says "Getting a perscription for adderall is not hard." http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/26/3184496/hacked-brain-adderall-cautionary-tale It explains the effects of Adderall pretty well for those of you who don't believe it could benefit a competitive gamer.

Dicey

02-23-2013

Yes, Bath Salts promotes better eating of the champions' faces

Echoesong

02-23-2013

Yeah, man, LSD should totally be banned. Gives people a competitive edge.

BiggerFish

02-23-2013

bath salts + Cho'gath OP

Shen'd =(

Bergtau

02-23-2013

I generally think most drugs would hurt you.

superspartan

02-23-2013

there used to be competitive Halo players who took Adderal before tournament matches.

The Idea was that it would let you hyper-focus on the game, but it was probably more of a placebo effect than anything.

and I don't think it will be a problem for League.

B0nghits

02-23-2013

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about mental focus enhancers like cocaine, mentats, or amphetamines (adderall, meth.) Which in a game like LoL is the equivalent of steroids.

I agree, they should be tested. I bet you half of the American teams and 90% of the Asian teams use some type of speed to gain an unfair advantage.

F r

02-23-2013

Upvoted and bumped for the stupidity of GD.

xRAWKAx

02-23-2013

Quote:
superspartan004:
there used to be competitive Halo players who took Adderal before tournament matches.

The Idea was that it would let you hyper-focus on the game, but it was probably more of a placebo effect than anything.

and I don't think it will be a problem for League.

Thanks for taking the post seriously. I'm pretty sure that the amphetamines in Adderall have a noticeable effect that surpasses that of a placebo.

Vapeurs

02-23-2013

Sterioids would be op for playing LoL. Your arm would get so muscular you can press your entire keyboard at once.