Urf Clubber Trundle - skin idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oyxl

02-23-2013

[disclaimer; Read: I am fiercely against Seal Clubbing, the name is meant as a joke. It's an April fools skin after all!!??]

Due to the lack of cool skins for Trundle, I would like to suggest building an Urf skin for him this year. It might improve his "played-rate" as well, since he's really not that bad.

Alright, so Urf clubber sounds a bit like Seal Clubbing, which is meant as a comical reference and not an actual practice for Trundle, so to get things out of the way, we're going to protect the living Urf that Trundle will wield as his club, with the following outfit: replace person with Urf. In other words, we will give him a stuntman helm and a stuntman star-covered outfit.

I personally picture Trundle in a Steve Irwin type of outfit, although the Manatee origin is actually not Australia. If you have a better idea, let me know, possibly with the logo of the 'save the manatee club' on his shoulders. On top of his (one) shoulder he carries a baby Manatee, which he found in the river that intersects the tournament and being the kind hearted Troll that he is, he obviously needs to bring it to safety, by winning the tournament.

A few adult Manatee notice the rescue attempts and volunteer to help Trundle beat the competition. One as his club, Urf (including stuntman suit).

Q: Rabid Bite -> Manatee Cub Bite
The Manatee cub on Trundles shoulder bites his opponent, weakening and damaging them, inspiring Trundle to fight even more ferociously!

W: Contaminate -> Ecology
The Urf-Club sprays a fountain of water in the target location, turning it into a swamp. Since Trundle knows his way best in and around the swamps, he gains attack speed, movement speed, and crowd control reduction while on it.

E: Pillar of Filth -> Manalith
Trundle calls for the aid of an adult Manatee, creating a pool of water with his Urf-Club, allowing the adult Manatee to surface from subterrean watercaverns. The Manatee blocks all passerbys and the surrounding water turns into mud, slowing all nearby enemy units.

R: Agony -> Digestive Gasses
The Manatee cub on Trundles shoulder turns around, releasing a burst of the gas it contains (to digest plants), polluting and weakening the target. Trundle is adversely affected by the gas and gains health and a percentage of armor and magic resistance, equal to the amount the target loses.

Since I can't draw any pictures for you, lack of a scanner and probably a lack of artistic skills, you'll have to deal with the image that I presented you in words. I made this for fun, because I think Trundle needs better skins and because I think he's underplayed. I will buy him after this free week.

Inspiration came from this thread;
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-next-skin!
(And yes, I'm the one that originally joked about Urf Clubber Trundle).

If you like it, thumb me up, otherwise, thumb me down.

A Magikcarp

02-23-2013

I find seal clubbing really pathetic and cruel. I disagree.

I understand they HAVE to, but they could do it in a less gruesome way.

Chúgs

02-23-2013

so hes clubbing them but the seals are helping him

decent idea though

Oyxl

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Magikcarp View Post
I find seal clubbing really pathetic and cruel. I disagree.
I agree, I would +1 you if you wouldn't have missed the comical part in the reference. Of course, we could call it Trundle and his Urf, since that's seems to be the new thing (With Quinn and attachment Valor), but I thought it was actually a good joke...

Quote:
I understand they HAVE to, but they could do it in a less gruesome way.
Excuse me, can you take your political stuff out of here? I live in the Netherlands and I'm fiercely against clubbing seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chgs View Post
so hes clubbing them but the seals are helping him

decent idea though
Nono, taking this all wrong, Urf volunteers as his club. Maybe he lost his own club, I dunno. Just made sense. And he's totally protected!

Chúgs

02-23-2013

oh, well then you may want to change the name of the skin. I actually like this idea

+1

although truthfully I can't see it becoming a skin. Seems a little far fetched, with the farting and all

Oyxl

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chgs View Post
oh, well then you may want to change the name of the skin. I actually like this idea

+1
But that's part of the joke

Quote:
although truthfully I can't see it becoming a skin. Seems a little far fetched, with the farting and all
The R is a stretch. There's no Urf/Manatee reference I could make with the current implementation of the ability. I'm out of ideas, sort of. From the wiki though:
Quote:
Manatees produce enormous amounts of gas, which contributes to their barrel-shape, to aid in the digestion of their food.
That said, obviously it's just an idea.

A Magikcarp

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyxl View Post
Excuse me, can you take your political stuff out of here? I live in the Netherlands and I'm fiercely against clubbing seals.!
It's not political, it's the basics of habitation. The seal population has to be controlled so that the fish population doesn't go extinct, then the overpopulated seals starve. It's meant to control the population, they just do it in such a disgusting way.

I live in Canada btw they do seal clubbing here too.

Oyxl

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Magikcarp View Post
It's not political, it's the basics of habitation. The seal population has to be controlled so that the fish population doesn't go extinct, then the overpopulated seals starve. It's meant to control the population, they just do it in such a disgusting way.

I live in Canada btw they do seal clubbing here too.
Well, alright, but as I said, it's not meant offensively in this context. I want to make this a pun on the word/phrase, not a discussion about Greenpeace OK/NOK :P

BasedDin

02-23-2013

Trundle skins! Riot pls

Oyxl

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedDin View Post
Trundle skins! Riot pls
Well at least some fans :O)