Karma...should i?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Karma's good. If anything the rework will buff her up, and not change too much about her kit. I say go for it.

Best Youmu NA

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollForALiving View Post
If she's a mid to late game support and needs levels..why not just put her mid..? ಠ_ಠ

Her AP ratios are too good to play her support. It's like playing support Orianna because "lol she has utility xDDD". Utility doesn't scale with items but damage/shield values/heals do.

Also Janna and Karma are not really alike..Janna's slow is potent, her Ultimate is amazing vs AoE cheese comps, her shield is good in lane. Can't say much for tornado, it's overnerfed IMO.
Tornado is a really quick aoe knock up and aside. Still can't be reduced at all, and if you're good at predicting movements you can get quite a knock up.

Dasaru

02-23-2013

Karma's not the worst champion in league (Poppy is worse in my opinion). Karma can pull some clutch saves or epic baits with her Shield.

She's definately a fun champion to play. Would I play her every game? No. Her problem is that she is both very bursty and has very short ranges (point blank). This makes playing her very difficult against HP heavy melee champions (e.g. Lee Sin). Once you use your skills, she has to wait 4-8 seconds (depending on her level) to burst again. Not to mention, once her Mantras are used up, you can't deal damage with her E anymore and has to rely soley on her Q to finish off your target.

She's a single target duelist and a AP Support. I like to compare her to Lux. She's mainly played as AP Mid, but you can sometimes see her bot lane support. The reason why she isn't played support much, is because her spells are weak unless you have stacked up AP - in which case her shield becomes one of the best shields in the game (shielding for over 1,000 is not uncommon)! But unlike Lux, she has to be on top of her target to do most of her damage - making her weak against most team comps due to the risk of being so close.

If you play a lot of ARAM, then I would highly recommend you get Karma cause she's pretty OP in ARAM. But if you mainly play Summoner's Rift, getting her is up to you. If you have the extra IP or you're looking for fun, I'd say go for it. But if you are looking for an AP Mid purely to score wins, then I wouldn't recommend her. You can suprise lower level players with her since there are a lot of players who don't know how to play against her properly.

Best Youmu NA

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaru View Post
Karma's not the worst champion in league (Poppy is worse in my opinion). Karma can pull some clutch saves or epic baits with her Shield.

She's definately a fun champion to play. Would I play her every game? No. Her problem is that she is both very bursty and has very short ranges (point blank). This makes playing her very difficult against HP heavy melee champions (e.g. Lee Sin). Once you use your skills, she has to wait 4-8 seconds (depending on her level) to burst again. Not to mention, once her Mantras are used up, you can't deal damage with her E anymore and has to rely soley on her Q to finish off your target.

She's a single target duelist and a AP Support. I like to compare her to Lux. She's mainly played as AP Mid, but you can sometimes see her bot lane support. The reason why she isn't played support much, is because her spells are weak unless you have stacked up AP - in which case her shield becomes one of the best shields in the game (shielding for over 1,000 is not uncommon)! But unlike Lux, she has to be on top of her target to do most of her damage - making her weak against most team comps due to the risk of being so close.

If you play a lot of ARAM, then I would highly recommend you get Karma cause she's pretty OP in ARAM. But if you mainly play Summoner's Rift, getting her is up to you. If you have the extra IP or you're looking for fun, I'd say go for it. But if you are looking for an AP Mid purely to score wins, then I wouldn't recommend her. You can suprise lower level players with her since there are a lot of players who don't know how to play against her properly.
Her short ranges are made up for by the fact that she can use teammates as an advantage. That Olaf running in with ult now has a leash that speeds him up and HE is the shield's damage, it's a lot like Ori's ult. You don't put yourself in harm's way, you let the bruiser do that for you.

Ayemageyene

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Youmu NA View Post
Her short ranges are made up for by the fact that she can use teammates as an advantage. That Olaf running in with ult now has a leash that speeds him up and HE is the shield's damage, it's a lot like Ori's ult. You don't put yourself in harm's way, you let the bruiser do that for you.
Her passive warrants taking damage so she IS the shield at one point in time or her passive does nothing.

BenevolenTT

02-23-2013

I built her a couple games like I built my Orianna:

Sorc shoes, rod of ages, nashor's tooth, lich bane, luxury item, luxury item.

or if you can't rely on blue, or want a less auto attack focused build:

Sorc shoes, Athene's, liandry, Rylai, luxury, luxury.

TrollForALiving

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenevolenTT View Post
I built her a couple games like I built my Orianna:

Sorc shoes, rod of ages, nashor's tooth, lich bane, luxury item, luxury item.

or if you can't rely on blue, or want a less auto attack focused build:

Sorc shoes, Athene's, liandry, Rylai, luxury, luxury.
Nashor's tooth on..ori/karma? No. Just no.
Lich bane Karma..Noooope.

Liandry is bad on burst mages and Karma is a burst mage.

BenevolenTT

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollForALiving View Post
Nashor's tooth on..ori/karma? No. Just no.
Lich bane Karma..Noooope.

Liandry is bad on burst mages and Karma is a burst mage.
I guess that can be swapped, the idea I had in mind is to buff up her health more than anything as I find her to be pretty squishy compared to some of her opponents in lane.

And while it was sketchy with Karma, because I have only played her about 5 times, and 4 of those times were as a support, Going Nashor's and Lich on Ori is devastating. She has one of the strongest auto attacks as an AP mid champ. And the more you auto attack a single target, the more damage she deals. Having her build focus more on lich bane procs and auto attacks makes her feel more well rounded in my eyes.

BeelzeBuff

02-23-2013

Karma is hilarious in lane

*want to last hit that?*

lolnope massive shield and you got chunked

Amanie

02-23-2013

she costs 3150 IP just buy her already